Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I liked the lives we led back in the day before the internet. There was less vile vicious evil. How much of vile now is due to internet?

I liked the lives we led back in the day before the internet. There was less vile vicious evil. How much of vile now is due to internet?

Posted - March 29, 2021

Responses

I don't know that was less or it was able to be able to be hidden easier. 
      March 29, 2021 2:27 PM MDT

I don't either and of course there is no way to measure it. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      March 30, 2021 2:13 AM MDT

Pol Pot? Hitler? Stalin? Or the worst monster of all, King Leopold II of Belgium?

The internet means we just find out about it sooner.
      March 30, 2021 2:19 AM MDT

Well m'dear I don't know about you but I get a LOT of information/education/knowledge through my internet friends. That's why I show up every day and ask away. Some things I might happen upon on my own eventually. But some things I would learn if left to my own devices. if not for the kindness of friends who all start off as strangers I'd be a lot more ignorant. Some of what I learn shocks me and usually saddens me. Some folks show up to "kill time" because they have nothing better to do. I have never ever shown up here to kill time! But you know what just shocked me? M2c told me she had THE TALK with her kids. Did you? My kid is 56 and I never not once ever felt I needed to do that. I didn't even know about "THE TALK" back then. I'm very sad to learn it is part of the upbringing of every African American in America. Elsewhere too I expect though I don't know that for a fact. Every day learning stuff happens. Some of it saddens. Thank you for your reply r! :) I like that. i'm gonna ask.
      March 30, 2021 6:49 AM MDT