Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Music » I heard an early Beatles song today that I had never heard. It sucked; their harmony was awful.

I heard an early Beatles song today that I had never heard. It sucked; their harmony was awful.

Have you ever heard an early song that was bad from a favorite group or individual?

Posted - March 30, 2021

Responses

I saw the Rolling Stones in person in Hollywood before they were famous and they were awful, I mean really awful.  My comment then was, "well they will never get anywhere."   HAHAHAHAAHAHA I lmao every time I think about that.  
      March 30, 2021 1:32 PM MDT

Please make sure you are sitting down before reading on. I have never been a fan of anything about the Beatles, most especially not their music, but also their culture, phenomenon, fame, life stories, drama, etc. Nothing about them holds my interest. One bad song from them seems par-for-the-course in the opinion of a non-fan. 

I will have to give it some thought as to other artists or groups I believe fit the bill in what you’re asking. 

~

March 30, 2021 2:17 PM MDT

No problemo about you not liking the Beatles. There are many groups/artists that I have never cared for, even though they are quite popular.

I thought you didn't know anything about scoring golf.
      March 30, 2021 4:31 PM MDT

I have (and use) a widely extensive vocabulary, it doesn’t mean I understand anything at all about golf.
    ~

March 30, 2021 8:16 PM MDT

Most bands have some mediocre stuff as "filler" or B-sides. There can also come a time when artists perform material for their own amusement rather than for the edification of the punters, or explore musical avenues that are either better left alone or are unsuited to their style. The Beatles did that quite a lot and not necessarily early - Revolution 9 is an example of the first, and Tomorrow Never Knows the second. I'm also certain that Lennon had so much LSD in his system while putting both together that he was on another planet entirely.
    I've been a fan of Icehouse for forty years, but even they did some forgettable stuff - the entire Big Wheel album was a total waste of time, and the album-only tracks Lucky Me and Girl in the Moon were just plain silly.
      March 30, 2021 4:39 PM MDT