Active Now

Spunky
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Heartbreaking. Seeing/hearing the testimonies of the witnesses of the George Floyd death. Did you?

Heartbreaking. Seeing/hearing the testimonies of the witnesses of the George Floyd death. Did you?

It seemed as if every single one of them felt guilt at not doing more to stop it. The saddest?

The store clerk who reported the bogus $20. Had he not there would have been no death. He did what he was told to do ,supposed to do and in so doing someone died who wouldn't have otherwise.

As I said. Heartbreaking.

Posted - April 1, 2021

Responses

I wanted to watch the live coverage of this trial, but frankly, I didn't have the patience, so I saw many of the highlights on the news.  It was very painful to watch so many of these witnesses crying because they were helpless to stop Chauvin from kneeling on Floyd's neck.  The one I felt the most pain for was the store clerk who reported that Floyd passed him the phony $20 bill.  He said if he hadn't done that, Floyd would still be alive.  While I understand his feeling of guilt, the only person to blame for Floyd's death is Chauvin and collaterally, the police officers that stood there and did nothing.  No one should die for passing a phony bill or for being high.  
      April 1, 2021 9:45 PM MDT

That was the one the got to me because it is absolutely true and he has to live with that. Young kid just trying to do his job as he was instructed. You get in trouble if you don't follow the rules. Or you can cause irreparable pain if you do. It's just tragic from every angle. Thank you for your reply L. What are the odds that Chauvin WALKS? :( This post was edited by RosieG at April 2, 2021 10:06 AM MDT
      April 2, 2021 2:44 AM MDT

Me, too.  I feel terrible for him - and the others also.  This will stick with them for a very long time.  I once witnessed a man get hit by a van that just sped off.  It threw him in the air like a TV dummy and he landed across the street, in front of a police van that was parked on the corner.  I don't know if they ever caught the driver, but I can tell you that for many nights after that, when I shut off the lights to go to sleep, I saw that man flying in the air again.
      April 2, 2021 10:08 AM MDT

Oh my. What an awful memory. Yes from the testimonies none of them will ever be the same. It was just a young man doing his job with no bad intention. And the result will haunt him forever. I do feel sorry for him. Accidentally unintentionally landing in this will stay with him. We never know if what we do or don't do will have terrible consequences. I mean each one of us faces the potential for doing terrible harm unknowingly. A police Lt. testified and really smacked the crap outta what Chauvin did. VERY BIGLY. So we shall see what effect that has on the jury! I don't envy them. Having to watch all those tapes. I don't envy us either. Having to watch all those tapes. Yet how many George Floyd's have died since George did? How many more will die? Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 2, 2021 11:50 AM MDT
      April 2, 2021 11:18 AM MDT

I would never have made it on the jury.  I can't understand how anyone could watch those tapes and not find Chauvin guilty.  
      April 2, 2021 11:52 AM MDT

Did you hear the testimony of the top cop in Minneapolis? He smacked the crap outta Chauvin. It was a DEVASTATINGLY harmful to Chauvin accounting. I was shocked in a good way since cops are loathe to fink on other cops. The "blue" wall is legendary. Thank you for your reply L.
      April 3, 2021 3:37 AM MDT

I saw the clip of it on the news yesterday.  Apparently, that is NOT how the Minneapolis police are trained, so when anyone says he followed his training, they're wrong.  I believe we have a Mug member who thinks that he followed his training.  
      April 3, 2021 8:36 AM MDT

Yeah. No surprise there. SIGH. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      April 3, 2021 9:51 AM MDT

:):):)
      April 3, 2021 10:19 AM MDT