Danilo_G
Sam Porter Bridges
Just Asking
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Do you already have a plan in place for what happens to all your online accounts when you die?

Do you already have a plan in place for what happens to all your online accounts when you die?

For instance, will someone have access to your user ID and password for those accounts wherein you only interact with people there and will inform others of your passing; will you have someone close certain accounts altogether so that there’s no expectation of your return for those who don’t know you’ve passed away; will certain financially-related accounts need a live person to contact the institution or agency to inform them you’re no longer alive, etc?

AnswerMug is one source where I do not maintain contact with any of you outside of these pages, nor does anyone who knows me have my log-on information.  If I were to keel dead over ten minutes from now, . . . 

~

Posted - April 1

• 42221

Thank you. I’m referring to more than just one particular website or account. 
    ~

April 1, 2021 8:44 PM MDT
    1

• 6319
    I have no others. 
      April 2, 2021 2:05 AM MDT
    1

• 42221
    AnswerMug is an account, and so is email.
    ~
      April 2, 2021 7:17 AM MDT
    0

• 6319
    Is there a place on answermug to designate someone?  My email already has someone. 
      April 2, 2021 8:55 AM MDT
    1

• 42221

I doubt AnswerMug has something like that set up. You would have to make those arrangements on your own.
     ~

April 2, 2021 12:48 PM MDT
    0

• 6319
    Ok thanks
      April 2, 2021 1:02 PM MDT
    1

• 2956
     No, but I will leave written information for things like financial matters, club memberships, disposal of my belongings etc.

Obviously none of can know when the Grim Reaper will come a-callin', later rather than earlier one hopes; but I hope to be able to close what few Internet accounts I have, by then.

I don't use Facebook, so that's one less problem.

April 5, 2021 5:15 PM MDT
    1