Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Derek Chauvin cost the City of Minneapolis $27 MILLION because he elected to knee in neck a man to death who was NO THREAT TO HIM. Worth it?

Derek Chauvin cost the City of Minneapolis $27 MILLION because he elected to knee in neck a man to death who was NO THREAT TO HIM. Worth it?

Posted - April 3, 2021

Responses

The manual stated that the knee-to-neck restraint was NOT TO BE USED INDEFINITELY and that the person was to be PLACED ON THEIR SIDE, neither of which did Chauvin adhere to.  Therefore, the hold and the position he used was NOT, repeat NOT what the training manual specified.  The holds that were permitted were not done in accordance with the manual.  Therefore, he should not get off.
      April 7, 2021 2:22 PM MDT

As I said he performed it incorrectly....but that does not mean it was not allowed at the time. 

I never said he SHOULD get off. In fact, I have said the opposite.

I said because of this being an allowed...there is a chance he will get off or get a lesser charge.   

It will come down to the cause of death (what caused Floyd to asphyxiate)
    1. The drug overdose 
    or 
    2. The neck hold not being performed correctly This post was edited by my2cents at April 7, 2021 3:14 PM MDT
      April 7, 2021 3:11 PM MDT

I'm going to try and explain this one more time and then that's it.

The neck hold that Chauvin performed was NOT allowed.  It was NEVER allowed.  He did not perform the hold that was permitted, therefore, he performed a hold that was NOT allowed.  
      April 8, 2021 3:16 PM MDT

Chief Arradondo said he has formed the opinion that Chauvin was using a conscious neck restraint. 
    (This was a legal restraint) 

Just because you attempt something incorrectly does not mean what you attempted was wrong or illegal. 

That does not mean you should not answer for your actions. 

Ok. For example, if I attempt to perform calculus formula...but I do it incorrectly, it does not mean the formula was wrong or incorrect.  But a teacher may give partial credit for knowing which formula to use to attempt to solve the question (get a lesser charge) or may just mark it all wrong (get the murder charge) This post was edited by my2cents at April 8, 2021 8:18 PM MDT
      April 8, 2021 8:17 PM MDT

Chauvin had a long history of racist brutality and should have been fired years ago - but the "thin blue line" as usual closed ranks around the bad cop, protecting him. The culture has to change. It won't anytime soon.
      April 5, 2021 12:08 AM MDT

Union prevent the firing of bad employees. Not just in law enforcement.
      April 5, 2021 6:34 AM MDT