Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do you think an intestinal blockage could happen to a person in a way similar to Ever Given blocked the Suez Canal?

Do you think an intestinal blockage could happen to a person in a way similar to Ever Given blocked the Suez Canal?

Supposing they swallowed a chicken bone or something, how do you free the chicken bone after it ran aground in their intestine?

Posted - April 5, 2021

Responses

I thought you only used kratom.
      April 5, 2021 8:53 PM MDT

The news story about the Suez Canal blockage started making me have nightmares about having an intestinal blockage.

I wonder if there are hundreds or thousands of other people who are also having nightmares about intestinal blockages due to the Ever Given episode and not just me. This post was edited by Kittigate at April 8, 2021 8:23 AM MDT
      April 5, 2021 9:19 PM MDT

Not me.
      April 8, 2021 8:23 AM MDT

If you get a chicken bone run aground in your intestine, the first you need to do is fire your stomach for dereliction of duty. 

But, yes, one can get intestinal blockage, just not with a chicken bone.  If you get intestinal blockage (can't fart) call a doctor.
      April 5, 2021 9:17 PM MDT

Yeah, actually I googled 'intestinal blockage' after posting the question and discovered that can be a serious problem if it happens.
      April 5, 2021 9:23 PM MDT