Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some homo saps will talk about anything except religion and politics. It is religion and politics that is the root of MUCH EVIL. Why avoid?

Some homo saps will talk about anything except religion and politics. It is religion and politics that is the root of MUCH EVIL. Why avoid?

Too terrified to stand up and be counted? Too afraid they will be targeted for something bad so they observe and sometimes experience but shut up about it. They float along in life going where the currant current takes them.

I dunno. Is that really a LIFE WELL LIVED?

Posted - April 8, 2021

Responses

Those people are simply trying to avoid an arguements.  Politics and religion usually bring strong emotions to people. 
      April 8, 2021 7:17 AM MDT

When does AVOIDANCE ever solve anything? If folks would TALK MORE about those issues instead of shrinking away from them maybe we could make some progress one day. As it is there is no hope of it. Which is a shame. You can't know what an outcome will be if you never/say anything do you? SIGH. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Friday to thee and thine..
      April 9, 2021 3:22 AM MDT

It solves having an unnecessary argument. 

If I met someone new or someone I do not know that well...I will not debate politics with them.  I will state by opinion if they insist on talking about it.  Normally once they realize we a not of the same opinion they also do not want to continue. 
    ie. A while back some of my husband's extended family came to visit. They are very stonch Dems. They know we are strong Trump supporters. So we generally did not get in depth on politics.  They thought they had a safe topic in talking about abortion and their church (which according to them was extreme prolife) as they talked..I did let them know that I have the same position as their church.  They decided to talk about something else. Still political and other religious.
    But if they would have insisted...I was ready to defend my positions respectully of course. 
      April 9, 2021 6:14 AM MDT

Grandad was a salesman and kept well clear of these subjects. His motto was "win the argument, lose the sale". 

April 8, 2021 8:21 AM MDT

Of course that is totally logical m'dear. If you depend on the good will of people to earn a living you can't discuss anything that would offend them. I get that. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Malizz and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      April 9, 2021 3:23 AM MDT

Religion and politics are the 2 most controversial subjects on earth.  Everyone has their own opinions on one or both of them and will vehemently defend those opinions - whether those opinions are accurate or not.  Even the most kind and polite person can become a monster if their opinion on religion and/or politics is challenged.  To avoid this situation, many simply avoid these two subjects.

April 8, 2021 3:38 PM MDT

Therein lies the problem that will never find  a solution. Too bad. Homo saps couldda been somebody. Homo saps couldda been contenders instead of bums which is what they are. Apologies to "On the Waterfront". If you never try you will never fail. Of course you will also never be anything more than you are or do anything more than you do or contribute as much as you could have had you just had the courage to engage in things that matter. Oh well. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      April 9, 2021 3:26 AM MDT