Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly there were 18 complaints against Derek Chauvin in 19 years. How many complaints would YOU allow before you canned him? Why?

Allegedly there were 18 complaints against Derek Chauvin in 19 years. How many complaints would YOU allow before you canned him? Why?

Posted - April 10, 2021

Responses

It would depend on how the investigations of the complaints turned out and the severity of the complaints. 

Dispite what people like to say: The customer is NOT always right. 

April 10, 2021 6:27 PM MDT

18 times? I don't care WHAT it is the guy was pointed out as being "less than" 18 times! What is wrong with you as a boss if YOU put with it? Sheesh. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Sunday to thee. Ever fire an employee? If so why?
      April 11, 2021 1:25 AM MDT

18 times over a 19 year time frame....

Yes I fired a couple.  One I believe she was stealing.  One for not showing up to work.  

I work in retail...there are some customers you simply cannot please.  And they will complain regardless.  I have never fired a worker because of a customer complaint.  I have had people claim they could not get anyone to wait on them.  They were telling me this, as the boss, thinking they were getting someone in trouble.  They explained the  day they were there and even the worker.  But the day they claimed that worker did not even work that day---or any day close to it.
    I have even had someone turn us in to animal control over a sulcata tortoise we had at the store.  (Not for sale he was our pet)  The officer came out and told us that was likely the most pampered tortoise he had ever seen.

I have some complain that I was in the paint room instead of sitting at the desk so they had to come get me.  Well that is just how it works.  We are small business and I cannot pay someone to simply sit at the register.  My workers must paint as well as run the register and help customers.

I have had some lie trying to get a better price.  The customer is NOT always right.  And I generally will back up my worker in a dispute as they are following my instructions.

I am coming close to 20yrs in this location and know many customers by name and face....we must be doing something right.

As I said it depends on the complaint and what I find out went I look into it. This post was edited by my2cents at April 11, 2021 9:12 AM MDT
      April 11, 2021 9:07 AM MDT

The issue isn't necessarily the number of complaints, but how he was disciplined (or in this case, NOT disciplined). Had he been busted back to meter maid after the first half dozen, George Floyd would quite likely still be alive.
      April 10, 2021 9:34 PM MDT

If he were YOUR employee how many times would tolerate? Even if teeny tiny minor isn't 18 a lot? In fact isn't 18 so MANY that clearly something would be wrong with YOU for putting up with it? I don't get it. Say the guy is just tardy...late. Or 18 TIMES? Good thing I'm not a boss. Thank you for your reply R and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      April 11, 2021 1:23 AM MDT