Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Multiple Notifications

Multiple Notifications

What's with the multiple notifications for the same comments?  I got seven "like" notifications for the same comment - all supposedly posted at the same time and when I went to that comment, there were two likes!

Posted - April 10, 2021

Responses

I asked about that last year. I always get three likes from Randy, Savvie, Stu and others. Everyone is so nice to me.
      April 10, 2021 2:19 PM MDT

It gets really annoying when I see 52 notifications listed and as I go through them, I'm lucky if they pertain to half a dozen comments.
      April 10, 2021 2:20 PM MDT

It’s extremely annoying. What makes it even worse is on the discussions/questions that have dozens of answers and comments posted to them; the notification doesn’t take me directly to the post to which it should be connected, it takes me to the original question. From there, I am expected to scroll through practically each and every entry to see which one received a “like” notification and/or which one received a new answer/comment.

On top of that, like you’ve stated above, the very next notification might be yet another duplicate of the last one I was faced with tracking down, but of course I have no way of knowing until or unless I go on the trek. The alternative, one which I often apply, is to go to that person’s profile and read the answer or comment there, click on it in the hope that it might take me to the posts. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 

:[

April 10, 2021 5:11 PM MDT

As in your first paragraph, I don't bother trying to find the response. I find it a waste of time. Wait...coming here is a waste of time. Well written; no errors.
      April 11, 2021 10:42 AM MDT

Yes, this causes misery.  Sometime I'll have like 22 notifications.  I look at half of them and when I go back the fifth or sixth time to the notifications, I now have 35.  Most of it multiple notifications for one like. 
      April 10, 2021 10:42 PM MDT

I have not noticed duplicates "likes."

Perhaps someone liked and unlike then liked it again? This would get 2 notifications for a like. Or even no like if they hit the unlike again. 

I know if you are subscribed to a question you can get multiple notifications for one post but that is how it is supposed to work.

You get the notification that UserX posted on a "discussion you are involved in:"
    You get the notification that UserX "replied to your comment"

You get the notification that UserX  "likes your post on:"

If it is your question you will also get:

UserX  "replied to your discussion"

April 11, 2021 11:42 AM MDT

Ok, whose idea was it, and where can that person be found?  Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

~

April 11, 2021 12:28 PM MDT

If you feel you are getting too many notifications.  Unsubscribe and you will only get a notification if someone replies directly to your post. Or likes your post. 
      April 11, 2021 6:04 PM MDT

It’s not a feeling. 
      April 11, 2021 9:52 PM MDT

It is about how you FEEL about the number of notifications you are receiving.

As I said if you feel/believe/think the number of notifications you are receiving is too many. Unsubscribing will cut down the amount. This post was edited by my2cents at April 12, 2021 9:24 AM MDT
      April 12, 2021 9:13 AM MDT

There’s a grand difference between thoughts and feelings. I have no emotional reaction to something as trivial as a poorly programmed website setting. I do, however, have thoughts, ideas, impressions, and opinions about it. I do not feel about it one way or another. If you have feelings about it, that’s fine. You stated to me your suggestion as to what I could do if I felt a certain way about it, I merely responded with the truth that it’s not a question of feeling(s).
    ~

April 12, 2021 11:28 AM MDT

I disagree.  I think we have feeling about everything we think about.  Even ifit is something, we do not care either way...it is a feeling of indifference. 

But it does not matter to me that much. 

And my response was a factual one...it you do not want as many notification unsubscribe to some.
      April 12, 2021 1:08 PM MDT

You have absolutely every right to see it your own way, just as much as I have my right to see it my way. I can’t imagine anyone truly having a feeling about absolutely anything and everything possible, that’s a bit strange in my opinion. 

~

April 12, 2021 4:41 PM MDT

As I said even indifference is a feeling.
      April 12, 2021 5:45 PM MDT