Active Now

DannyPetti
Spunky
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Your nuclear site is "blacked out" by a foreign country. Is that an act of war? If not what is?

Your nuclear site is "blacked out" by a foreign country. Is that an act of war? If not what is?

Posted - April 12, 2021

Responses

If it is not it certainly should be. What I worry about is all across America there are coolant ponds for used nuclear fuel rods. The rods have to be kept at  near freezing temperatures for the next hundred years or so. If they are not kept cool they will release radiation into the air which would kill most of the population then disperse into the atmosphere after that the enemy could put boots on the ground and do a clean up operation - get rid of the Americans that didn't die of radiation poisoning. If that last big cyber hack got into the computers of the coolant facilities it could be the end of the Cold War and the commies win. Cheers!
      April 12, 2021 10:47 AM MDT

Now You scared me really bigly m'dear! "....all across America there are coolant ponds for used nuclear fuel rods". HOW MANY AND WHERE? Good grief Nanoose I have never worried about that. Only about our proximity to nuclear reactors of which there are not that many. NOW? Oh lordy! Maybe we live real close to one or more. What do Canadian Scientists do in that regard? Do you have tons of such ponds and if so do you and your family live near one? On a scale of things to worry about from 1-10  with 1 being most worst...where do you place nuclear cooling rod ponds on that list? Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      April 12, 2021 10:56 AM MDT

Well I am not sure about how many there are  and were they are but if you Google it you might get you really scared. Pretty sure Canada has to do the same thing with their spent fuel rods but there wouldn't be nearly as many partly because for awhile Canada used a Canadian made reactor called the Cando Reactor and they didn't produce the dangerous spent fuel rods (they also didn't produce as much electricity so they are fazing them out) . Cheers!
      April 12, 2021 11:15 AM MDT

Well I don't want to put any effort into getting really scared. What good would the info do? So for the time being I will keep good thoughts that such things won't be happening. So your reactor didn't produce the dangerous spent fuel rods? How did the scientists pull that off I wonder? Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 12, 2021 11:22 AM MDT
      April 12, 2021 11:21 AM MDT

Well a good thought would be that America and the World is starting to move towards green energy. Not sure how the Cando reactor worked. Cheers!
      April 12, 2021 11:39 AM MDT

I wonder how long it will take to completely convert as much as possible? There are monied interest fighting it tooth and nail. They make tons of money off of the way things used to be. I guess we'll see who wins in the long run. Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      April 13, 2021 1:48 AM MDT