Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly it is "love of money" that's the root of all evil. Seriously. What about LOVE OF POWER? LOVE OF WINNING?

Allegedly it is "love of money" that's the root of all evil. Seriously. What about LOVE OF POWER? LOVE OF WINNING?

Posted - April 24, 2021

Responses

In this would without money you cannot have much power.  

If you win enough..you will be getting money. 
      April 25, 2021 6:35 PM MDT

So say you and all your cohorts m2c. I disagree. But then I would since money has never been a carrot for me and never will. YET I have had more than my share of winning. I have TURNED DOWN POWER. What do I mean by that? I have refused promotions that made me a "boss" more than once. I don't mind sharing what I know or helping people but BOSSING THEM and being responsible for them? Not for me. Not my cuppa tea.
    And as for money it was incidental in my life. For only having a junior college degree in liberal arts I've done surprisingly well. No not a millionaire at all but for me I've done exceedingly well financially all things considered. No complaints. I'm not unique. Lots of folks like me DON'T WANT POWER OVER OTHERS. They RUN AWAY FROM IT. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply. I am always appreciative and grateful for what I have and NEVER focus on what I don't have. The key to happiness for me. :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 26, 2021 7:10 AM MDT
      April 26, 2021 2:32 AM MDT

Which simply means you would not have been doing any evil trying to get those things. 

But people who obess about and try to get it do all kinds of evil to get it.  And in this world, you don't get power without money and will not be considered a winner if you are broke all the time. This post was edited by my2cents at April 26, 2021 12:59 PM MDT
      April 26, 2021 7:10 AM MDT

Actually, that verse is often misquoted as saying, “Money is the root of all evil.” the word “money” is substituted for “love of money” and “the root of all evil” is substituted for “a root of all kinds of evil.” These changes, while subtle, have an enormous impact on the meaning of the verse. So that verse should read "The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil".

Taking that into consideration, the love of power is almost always associated with the love of money. The love of winning not so much. You can have the love of winning without money being involved. Unfortunately, there can be a downside to wanting to win all the time. if you try to win everything you will almost certainly begin to lose at the things that matter the most.
      April 26, 2021 8:35 AM MDT