Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly time after time SCOTUS has ducked the issue. Now they are a more Conservative court so they dare do so?

Allegedly time after time SCOTUS has ducked the issue. Now they are a more Conservative court so they dare do so?

The issue

The Constitution gives the right to own a gun and protect yourself INSIDE YOUR HOME

But extending it to carrying a loaded gun outside your home? That is what the Supremes will finally confront.

If they set strict limits to open carry outside your home are you going to have HUGE problem with that since you NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT A LOADED GUN ON YOUR PERSON?

Posted - April 26, 2021

Responses

The founding-era understanding of the Second Amendment’s text, demonstrate that the right to carry arms was virtually unrestricted throughout the colonial and founding eras, provide a summary of laws mandating the carrying of arms outside of military service (for example, to attend church and to travel), and provide examples of America’s most influential founders carrying as part of their ordinary lives. Carrying at that time meant "open" carry. You may want to research history. You'll find that to be the case.

I can produce for you quote after quote, after quote what the Founders felt about the 2nd Amendment. But if you hate guns that would irrelevant information.

The Supreme Court cannot make law and its decisions are not law, they are mere “opinions” applicable only to the parties to the case at hand. Our system of government is actually designed to work under the supreme law of the land, the U.S. Constitution. The Supreme Court plays an essential role in ensuring that each branch of government recognizes the limits of its own power. This next fact is very important. The Supreme Court protects civil rights and liberties by striking down laws that violate the Constitution.

If the Supreme Court passes any law restricting the rights and freedoms of anyone then it is in violation of the Constitution. Also if the Supreme Court tries to pass this restrictive law, it to would be in violation of the Constitution. They will have infringed upon our rights and will have extended their powers beyond what the Constitution has dictated.
      April 26, 2021 9:54 AM MDT

Even they rule liberally and say 2nd amendment does not apply outside of the home,  it would not effect the laws in my state.

We are legally allowed to open carry or conceal carry. The ruling would not change my state laws. 

It could change state laws in CA, IL, NY and other anti-gun rights states.  
      April 26, 2021 1:04 PM MDT

We have concealed carry and open carry laws here in Michigan as well. :)
      April 27, 2021 7:53 AM MDT

Good. I just learned that conseal carry no longer requires a permit for in state residents (Missouri) This went into effect Jan 2017. 
      April 27, 2021 8:15 AM MDT

They are trying to pass the no permit needed here too. Being Michigan, we never know what's going to happen. :)
      April 27, 2021 8:33 AM MDT