Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Is there something wrong with me?

Is there something wrong with me?

I want to see a corpse. someone posted that a person died on a train and no one noticed until he started turning pale. He took a pic of the train and the police were blocking the corpse... I could only see the arm behind the cop. Is there something wrong with me or am I just curious?

Posted - June 23, 2016

Responses

Nah, that morbid curiosity is pretty common. Vsauce did a video on it:

As long as you don't go around creating corpses in order to satisfy your curiosity, that is.... D:

June 23, 2016 1:48 PM MDT

• I won't. I promise. :0)
      June 23, 2016 1:50 PM MDT

Ditto what Rpf said. 

June 23, 2016 1:55 PM MDT

• Okay. Thanks
      June 23, 2016 1:57 PM MDT

So do I. So if you're weird then I'm weird too. :)

I had a friend in another site who got a job as an intern in a morgue so she could see dead people.
      June 23, 2016 7:24 PM MDT

No.. nothing wrong with you. Its just curiosity..

I will say when I first saw a dead body, it was upsetting and unpleasant.... that varies on the cause of death.. some look worse than others.

June 24, 2016 1:33 AM MDT

you might be just curious, im just the opposite, i dont want to see it, not even when my parents died

June 25, 2016 8:40 PM MDT
  • Bez

I don't think there is anything wrong with you, I think you are just curious. One of my favourite singers, the late great Vivian Stanshall, once witnessed a man dying of a heart attack on a bus, and that inspired him to write a song about it. The song (entitled "Flung A Dummy", an obscure slang phrase meaning "died"), can be found on Vivian's finest album "Teddy Boys Don't Knit".

If you don't already have that album in your collection, I strongly recommend that you buy it the very next time you see it on CD. I first bought it on vinyl exactly 31 years ago last Thursday and on CD exactly 10 years next Friday. It's a definite Desert Island Disc if ever there was one. :)

June 25, 2016 8:48 PM MDT