Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » All children are HOSTAGES of their parents. No exceptions.They choose not. They do as they are told to do. Prisoners. Envy them?.

All children are HOSTAGES of their parents. No exceptions.They choose not. They do as they are told to do. Prisoners. Envy them?.

Some luck out and have kind guard/jailers. Others suffer hugely and bigly. Luck of the draw. CRAPSHOOT.

Posted - April 29, 2021

Responses

Majority of parents love their children and try to do what is best for them.   They are not hostage takers/jailers/guards. (guardians yes)

There are some crappy ones those should not raise kids. 
      April 29, 2021 8:57 AM MDT

Children are not hostages of their parents.  Granted some "parents" out there should have been sterilized as they don't care about their kids.  Many parents love their children (even the "unexpected" ones).  No, most don't  raise them the way "we" (as in others) think they should, but most do the best they can under the circumstances they are in.  And a majority of children are happy with this.  They love their parents - even the ones that don't "fully" love them in return.  Tothem, these are their "good ol' days".   No two parents are in the exact same situation as others.  No two have the exact same knowledge, experiences, or come from the same background.  That's why parents raise their kids so "differently".
    While a few children may seem like they're hostages, most feel happy and safe with their parents and wouldn't give them up for anything... well.. maybe for a twinkie.... and a donut.... bt only for a second.
      April 29, 2021 3:36 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Shuhak. They don't choose where they live. They don't choose the politics of their parents. They don't choose to be carnivores or vegetarians. They don't choose what their parents expect of them. There are rules they are expected to follow without question. Few if any parents ever discuss or consult with their children about any decision made that will affect them. "DO AS I TELL YOU TO DO". "THIS IS MY HOUSE AND YOU WILL LIVE BY MY RULES." "You aren't allowed to play with them. They are not "our kind". "Wait till your father gets home". Just my take on it. Happy Friday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 30, 2021 1:23 AM MDT
      April 30, 2021 1:22 AM MDT

Kids need boundaries. Routine. Otherwise they grow into irresponsible adults. Teens are worse - toddlers but too big to spank.
    Good parents guide their kids. Not hostages, not prisoners, but rules that are for their own safety and well-being. They lack life experience to make good decisions, so a responsible parent doesn't let them make important ones until they demonstrate sufficient maturity to make them - and to bear the consequences should they get them wrong.
      April 29, 2021 5:21 PM MDT

Have you ever said to your child "THIS IS MY HOUSE AND YOU WILL LIVE BY MY RULES"? I have heard that said to children and honestly I wanted to smack the crap out of the person who said it. What are the children then? Chopped liver? Of course they need boundaries but they also need to be included in the discussions about things that will affect them. In my opinion. They are not family pets. They are thinking human beings. They deserve respect and very often parents who "love" their children do not show them any respect at all. I used to discuss things with my son from a very young age telling him "why" and even giving him options. As he grew older our discussions became legendary among his friends. Sometimes they could last an hour or more. I'd state my position on something. He would state his. Then we discussed it. His friends witnessed them first-hand. Why did I do that? Because my child did not belong to me. He was never a possession like a car or house.. I always treated him with respect. I never once said "because I said so that's why". I just think the way some or even many parents treat their children is unconscionable. No not physical beating or withholding food. But as a thing to be shushed and told what to do with expectations of complete obedience. I guess I'm in one of my moods R. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 30, 2021 9:31 AM MDT
      April 30, 2021 1:29 AM MDT