Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Pigs and troughs go together like peanut butter and jelly ham and eggs bread and butter. How long will pigs survive troughless?

Pigs and troughs go together like peanut butter and jelly ham and eggs bread and butter. How long will pigs survive troughless?

Posted - April 30, 2021

Responses

The trough never goes away, there are always idiots with more money than brains and other idiots with an ax to grind who spend money to push their agenda.
      April 30, 2021 5:44 AM MDT

I can't slide anything past you can I m'dear? What you say is sadly so true. Think change can ever happen for the better?

When a plane dives straight down at what point can't it be turned back up to fly? What is the point of NO RETURN in politics? Are we there yet or is it in our rear-view mirror getting smaller?
      April 30, 2021 5:50 AM MDT

The last President to balance the books (and make a substantial dent in the deficit) was Fatso. A thoroughly despicable human being, but a darned good President. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at April 30, 2021 8:20 AM MDT
      April 30, 2021 5:55 AM MDT

Clinton. His successor inherited the Clinton SURPLUS as well. Characterwise Bill had none but I think he did care about the plight of the people. Lousy husband but probably a darn good friend. Thank you for your reply R! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 30, 2021 7:38 AM MDT
      April 30, 2021 6:01 AM MDT

He'd have made a good drinking buddy, but I don't know that I'd have cared for him as a friend.
      April 30, 2021 6:48 AM MDT

Good point. Thank you for your reply R. Wonder what kind of friend FOOTOO is? Notice I just did a WHADDABOUT? Oy vey! :)
      April 30, 2021 7:01 AM MDT

No surplus under Clinton. That is a lie the left and media love to tought. 

Debt increased EVERY year under Clinton....surpluses do not increase the debt.
      April 30, 2021 7:04 AM MDT

https://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-budget-and-deficit-under-clinton/

Interest on the debt accumulated up to Clinton's inauguration added to the dollar value of the debt over eight years. In real terms and as a percentage of GDP, it plummeted - helped by a global boom.
    We can actually thank Nixon for that, in smashing the Gold standard (to pay for a pointless war that the US ultimately lost - which wasn't his fault, he inherited that from LBJ) he reignited the boom/bust cycles that FDR's system had largely ironed out. However, for every boom, there's a bust. Bush2's deregulation of the banking sector and scandalous lack of oversight allowed a bubble to form in the sub-prime market - and like all bubbles, it burst and tipped the world economy into the worst depression since the Great one.
      May 1, 2021 6:21 AM MDT

That is a spin I had not heard before...Clinton's imaginary surplus did not reduce the debt because of Nixon.  

As I said...debt increased every single year Clinton was in office. 

https://treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/debttothepenny.htm
      May 1, 2021 6:46 AM MDT

Now to answer your question...Pigs are highly survivable animals and can thrive under many conditions. Removing their feeding troughs will cause them to find other sources of food. I am, of course, referring to free range.
      April 30, 2021 8:22 AM MDT