Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you belong to a crew or is your crew you? Did you ever?

Do you belong to a crew or is your crew you? Did you ever?

Posted - May 1, 2021

Responses

Three Naval vessels.
      May 1, 2021 11:30 AM MDT

Did you have a favorite among them? Thank you for your reply E! :) Did you stay in touch with any of the people with whom you served?
      May 2, 2021 1:57 AM MDT

I liked them all and cannot choose a favourite. I have had contact with only one.
      May 2, 2021 12:23 PM MDT

Geez E how LUCKY are you? You liked all three equally? I know it's not the same thing but I have never been on a cruise nor do I want to ever go on one. Being trapped anywhere with a lot of people I don't know and might not like would be a nightmare. Also on cruises trouble happens like toilets getting clogged or some disease making the rounds. I say you struck it lucky! Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      May 3, 2021 1:53 AM MDT

Navy ships are not the same as cruise ships.

May 3, 2021 8:31 AM MDT

I realize that E. But I shall never be on the kind of ship you were. The only ship available to me would be a cruise ship. Which is why I mentioned it. I have seen enough movies about the navy to know what that kind of quarters looks like. I also know that I would get lost since I have no sense of direction on land. It's all moot from my point of view. Thank you for the photo. Did you really think I thought a cruise ship and yours would be alike? Okey dokey.
      May 4, 2021 2:59 AM MDT

No...I was just being funny. I miss those quarters, though.
      May 4, 2021 11:45 AM MDT

Well my DEFAULT mode is SERIOUS. I didn't know you were being funny. Sorry. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 4, 2021 12:27 PM MDT

Yeah I am part of the Rez boys crew and all my red brothers and sisters say that I am pretty sly for a white guy - actually they don't say it out loud but I know that's what they are thinking. Cheers and happy weekend!
      May 1, 2021 11:57 AM MDT

You mean sly as a fox? Cunning? Clever? I buy that but you are not devious. I'm unsure about what "Rez" boys means. But you speak of "red" brothers and sisters. Do you mean native americans? Oh wait you're Canadian. Do you refer to yours as "native Canadians" Nanoose? It never occurred to me that other countries also enjoy their presence. Those who live in Canada obviously aren't "native americans". Unless we are referring to the continent? Now I'm just confusing myself. Not that hard to do. Thank you for your reply. We have many tribes in America. Do you have many in Canada? This post was edited by RosieG at May 2, 2021 12:23 PM MDT
      May 2, 2021 1:51 AM MDT

Yeah it is a little bit of sly like a fox but mostly sly as in Sly And The Family Stone - I'm cool and I am family plus whenever I am in a puff puff pass circle on the Rez I usally say -  boom laka-laka-laka boom laka-laka boom hey, hey, hey, hey boom laka-laka-laka  boom (like Sly and the family stone). Rez = reservation and in Canada aboriginals are called First Nations. We do have a lot of First Nation people in Canada and if you want to read a bit of the infamous history about them Google - "Inuit + forced migration' and "Canadian residential schools". Cheers!
      May 2, 2021 9:46 AM MDT

I will m'dear! I know you're way cool! I don't have friends who aren't! I know. Snobby me! Hey we are what we are right? I have heard of Sly and the Family stone but I do not know what the sound is. BAD ROSIE. The boom laka was in the way back when wasn't it? Fur coats worn by young men? Swallowing goldfish whole? 1920's methinks. Before my time. Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      May 2, 2021 10:25 AM MDT