Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Shocker! Bill & Melinda Gates announced they are getting a divorce. Bill is worth $124 billion. I wonder what went wrong?

Shocker! Bill & Melinda Gates announced they are getting a divorce. Bill is worth $124 billion. I wonder what went wrong?

They will continue working together with their charitable foundation.

Another woman? Another man? Disenchantment finally set it? They ran out of things to talk about? They stopped liking each other?

I think divorce is always sad. No one gets married anticipating a divorce. At least I can't imagine why anyone would.

When Jeff Bezos divorced his wife she walked away with $35 billion making her one of the world's wealthiest women.

Money isn't everything. Can't put a pricetag on happiness.

Posted - May 4, 2021

Responses

The lovemaking probably dried up. Probably rubbish.
      May 4, 2021 8:08 AM MDT

Why are people so concerned with other people's lives?
      May 4, 2021 8:52 AM MDT

Is that question directed at me or the public in general Stu? I ask the questions that occur to me. I don't evaluate them or edit them or cut them down or not ask them. After all these years I should think you would have figured that out by now. Well NOW YOU KNOW I ASK WHAT OCCURS TO ME. I  never question WHY they occur to me. I don't care why. It is completely irrelevant to me. I ask WHAT OCCURS TO ME and then I move on. So I cannot answer you. Maybe you should ask that question on a different forum and not in my little piece of this social site. Why are you so concerned that others are concerned with other people's lives Stu? Does it upset you? What part of that is any of your business? See? It cuts both ways. Next time maybe you could rethink the question and reframe it in a way that doesn't make it so insulting. What could it hurt? GIVE IT A TRY! This post was edited by RosieG at May 4, 2021 12:43 PM MDT
      May 4, 2021 12:42 PM MDT

No insult or offense to you intended. I'm asking about people in general. I really don't know why anyone cares about whether these people get divorced and why.
      May 4, 2021 2:40 PM MDT

It is a bit of a shocker to me because I thought they were going to be a forever couple. I don't know what went wrong but I know what went right - them continuing to work together to help people. Cheers!
      May 4, 2021 9:03 AM MDT

I know m'dear. I'm saddened too but I think they are very good people with very good hearts so whatever the cause of the disconnect I think they will handle honrably. I do. I mean people can change in different ways. Maybe the goals they shared 27 years ago they don't...except for the charitable thing they have done and will continue to do. I heard that they contribute $5 BILLION year to charities. You read that right! $5 BILLION. I think that is very important to them and it appears to be a mutual thing. I would expect nothing less from them. They are both brilliant and kind so I wish them nothing but good things individually and collectively. Thank you for your reply Nanoose! It's always sad when a relationship ends isn't it? :(
      May 4, 2021 12:32 PM MDT

He's trading her for a couple of 30 year-old twins.

May 4, 2021 12:04 PM MDT

Wow! These gals are drop-dead gorgeous aren't they? You can't judge a book by its cover ya know? They might be attending MIT on a scholarship and end up being quantum physicists for all you know! Assuming they're just hot and that's all? Typical stereotype. Thank you for your reply and the photo. I wish them well and hope they are not looked at only as sex objects. :)
      May 4, 2021 12:24 PM MDT

They're hot because I typed 'hot twins' on google images, not 'ugly twins'.
      May 4, 2021 12:30 PM MDT

So apologies but what am I supposed to do with this? Seriously. I do not have a clue what your typing in "hot twins" has to do with what I wrote. Sorry.
      May 4, 2021 12:34 PM MDT

PAIR OF TRASHY TRAMPS!
      May 5, 2021 1:46 AM MDT

THEY LOOK LIKE A PAIR OF H00KERS!
      May 5, 2021 6:36 AM MDT

Mid-life crisis. He's a little old for it, but it happens. Next thing he'll be wearing a hippy haircut and driving a sports car or riding a Harley.
      May 5, 2021 2:10 AM MDT