Active Now

Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How do insults or criticisms directed AT you affect you? Do they spur you on to be better or do they embolden drive goad you to be?

How do insults or criticisms directed AT you affect you? Do they spur you on to be better or do they embolden drive goad you to be?

Posted - May 5, 2021

Responses

Insults and criticisms directed at me personally don't affect me. However, insults and criticisms directed at my family and friends to get at me do affect me. Say what you will to me but don't mess with my family and friends. I can't make it any clearer than that. :)
      May 5, 2021 6:49 AM MDT

Insults don't bother me. Criticism, however, affects me very negatively. My ex used to call it 'constructive criticism'...it was still criticism.
      May 5, 2021 8:02 AM MDT

Of course the criticizer calls it "constructive". That doesn't mean it was. You are not stupid. How YOU are affected by it is the only thing that matters. What she thinks is irrelevant. That's just how I feel. I mean it's kinda nervy for the critics  to instruct you as to how you should perceive what they say and do. Isn't that the ultimate in arrogance?. No disrespect to her but she doesn't count. You're the target so you're the one who gets to call it. Thank you for your reply E and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 5, 2021 9:03 AM MDT
      May 5, 2021 8:09 AM MDT

Thank you.
      May 5, 2021 8:47 AM MDT

You're welcome.
      June 15, 2021 4:27 AM MDT