Active Now

my2cents
Zack
DannyPetti
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Whaddaya do if a relative or two REFUSES to get the vaccine? D'ya mingle with 'em and take your chances or cut them off?

Whaddaya do if a relative or two REFUSES to get the vaccine? D'ya mingle with 'em and take your chances or cut them off?

Yes. YOU ARE VACCINATED. So what? That they don't think enough of you to get vaccinated too? Somber stuff.

Posted - May 5, 2021

Responses

I have had mine. They are the ones taking a chance.
      May 5, 2021 3:42 PM MDT

Here's what worries me E. As you know the COVID 19 virus keeps mutating and creating multiple variants. Not enough is known about it to KNOW for sure if having received a vaccination you are 100% safe even though others aren't. Also we don't know for how long that vaccine protection will last. It probably varies among those who have it. I've heard that six month is probable and even longer is possible but there are no guarantees because it's still too new and there is very little track record. So I don't want to be near anyone who hasn't had the vaccine. Such folks are totally selfish and detached and aloof and just don't give a dam* about anyone. Who needs them in our lives? I don't care how closely related they are. I'm not going to gamble my life on a selfish inconsiderate anyone. SIGH. Or so I say now. Why would I? What's in it for me? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 6, 2021 7:13 AM MDT
      May 6, 2021 2:02 AM MDT

I don’t do anything differently with them.  I’ve already had both of my shots, so has my husband.  Most people I know have had either both of their shots or are still waiting to get their second shot.  The three people who I know who won’t get it are in the minority so I’m really not going to worry about it.  Arguing with them is a lost cause.  

In the case of my mom, she’s simply following what everybody else at her church is doing.  Those are the people who are important to her.  I don’t know if her church’s hive mind will change its opinion.  Her pastor condemned Franklin Graham for endorsing the vaccine.  

Mom’s church also wanted to take a group trip to Israel.  There’s just one problem.  Israel‘s in the top spot for getting its own people vaccinated, and they’re also not letting people in who haven’t been vaccinated.  It’s possible that maybe Israel will get them to change their minds.

May 6, 2021 9:45 AM MDT