Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you ever get overjoyed about anything or anyone? Anyone or anything in your life that NEVER fails to please you? Wanna share?

Do you ever get overjoyed about anything or anyone? Anyone or anything in your life that NEVER fails to please you? Wanna share?

Posted - May 6, 2021

Responses

First question only. No. I can't be disappointed.
      May 6, 2021 3:18 PM MDT

"Do you ever get overjoyed about anything or anyone""
    "No. I can't be disappointed."

Sorry but I don't see the connection between my "first question" and your entire reply. The "no" part I get. You never get overjoyed. The "I can't be disappointed" part I don't get. My fault I'm sure. Thank you for your response E and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      May 7, 2021 2:19 AM MDT

Yes

-- listening to music by:       Laurie Anderson
                                              Johnny Nash
                                              Patsy Cline
                                              The Pointer Sisters
                                              Howard Jones
                                              Simple Minds
                                              The Cranberries

Mad Season's album "Above"

Overcast, cloudy skies

Large birds/falcons/hawks in flight

-- reading works by: Raymond  Carver
                                    Shirley Jackson
                                    Flannery O'Connor
                                    Franz Kafka

-- watching certain movies:             George Romero's original 1968 "Night of the Living Dead" 
                                                         "Citizen Kane"     
                                                          George Romero's original "Creepshow"
                                                          Paul Thomas Anderson's "magnolia" 
                                                          Lars Von Trier's "Dancer in the Dark"

Actress Veronica Cartwright in any movie in which I've seen her

Actors Montgomery Clift and Guy Pearce in anything in which I've seen them

Film music composers Thomas Newman, Jerry Goldsmith and Bernard Herrmann

Some TV shows :                          "American Gothic" from 1995 -- it was cancelled after less than                                                                               one season; a superlative show to me (there is a more current show by                                                             the same name but I'm not talking about that one)
                                                         "Reno: 911!"
                                                          "Drawn Together"
                                                        "All in the Family"

Rhubarb pie

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 8, 2021 9:52 AM MDT
      May 6, 2021 6:23 PM MDT

Wow! That's a lot my friend. Some are familiar to me. THE LOTTERY? A chilling tale if ever there were one. Also Metamorphosis. I avoid scary so anything with creep in it is not for me. A lot of what you mention is very highbrow intellectual m'dear and I think I would not understand a lot of it. Some is very down to earth like ALL IN THE FAMILY and that I get bigly and I miss Archie Bunker and edith and meathead and gloria. And Sammy Davis Jr. planting a kiss on Archie and his reaction that was priceless! Those were the days of innocence and we didn't realize it. Will they ever return? I don't see how. Thank you so much for investing the time to give us a complete reply. It overwhelms but is much appreciated! Happy Friday to thee and thine WQ! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 8, 2021 9:53 AM MDT
      May 7, 2021 3:27 AM MDT

You're welcome and a Happy day to you, too!
    :)

In some ways, as far as my answer, I saved the best for last. 

Ha!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 8, 2021 9:53 AM MDT
      May 7, 2021 5:39 PM MDT

I remember how SHOCKED we were when All in the Family first showed up. Then we kinda relaxed and watched and got a kick out of it. I mean Archie was the most absurd stereotype of bigot. Edith was wonderful if very simple and "the kids"? They were a story unto themselves. That show had everything going for it but bottom line it was FUNNY! There isn't too much that's FUNNY these days sad to say! Thank you for your reply WQ and Happy Saturday to you! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 8, 2021 10:11 AM MDT
      May 8, 2021 2:57 AM MDT

My grandkids. 
      May 6, 2021 7:35 PM MDT

Spoken like a true loving grandmother. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      May 7, 2021 2:22 AM MDT

What m2c said. And my kids. And my better half.
      May 6, 2021 7:47 PM MDT

I was pretty certain your reply would be something like this m'dear. Thank you for remaining so consistent and loving AND appreciative R. Lots of folks aren't you know. More's the pity. :)
      May 7, 2021 2:22 AM MDT