Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Fauci caught lying to Congress. Will there be a punishment? (I doubt it)

Fauci caught lying to Congress. Will there be a punishment? (I doubt it)

Ran Paul asked Fauci directly if he supports funding of "gain of function" research.  Fauci claimed he or his org never supported Gain of Function research on viruses. 

I guess he forgot.

Posted - May 12, 2021

Responses

Fauci didn't lie he said they did fund a bit of research into coronviris and bats but that funding is now over. It  is just another crazy Ran Paul conspiracy theorie but this time it is personal because Ran Paul is jealous that Fauci got nominated for People's Sexist Man Alive cover and he didn't. Cheers!
      May 12, 2021 11:43 AM MDT

Read the quote:   NIH has not EVER and does not now fund gain of function research in Wuhan. 

We know that of the 11 labs in the US (ALL funded by NIH)  one worked with Wuhan,  
      May 12, 2021 12:30 PM MDT

Apparently, you don't understand the difference between funding research into whether bats or other animals transmit viruses to humans (to prevent the spread of viruses) and funding research into making viruses stronger (gain of function) to enhance the spread of viruses.  As usual, this not surprise me as it doesn't fit your narrative and your dislike of Dr. Fauci.
      May 12, 2021 12:57 PM MDT

I certainly do understand the difference. 

The lab admits to performing gain of function research and working with Wuhan.  The lab is funded by NIH.  NIH also gave millions to Wuhan. 
      May 12, 2021 1:18 PM MDT

https://www.amazon.com/Faucian-Bargain-Powerful-Dangerous-Bureaucrat/dp/1637581114
      May 12, 2021 1:01 PM MDT

Yep.  37 yrs unelected and the highest paid gov employee in the country. 
      May 12, 2021 1:16 PM MDT

His salary is not the subject, but is a fact.
      May 12, 2021 1:17 PM MDT

Fauci's lying shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. He is, after all, a long-time entrenched government bureaucrat. Those who do their research know this. And I know that you do your research. Fauci has been deceptively deceiving the American public on, not only the NIH but also on the truths of herd immunity. Or, at least on the supposed truths as he sees it for COVID-19 herd immunity. It’s called lying to the American people to manipulate their behavior.

From the beginning, our Founders warned about the potentials of government to overreach, to abuse power, to arrogantly assume positions and roles to which they have no rightful claim. From America’s founding, framers cautioned of the need for citizens to stay on the watch and guard their individual freedoms against constantly striving, overreaching political power-grabbers.
      May 22, 2021 11:21 AM MDT