Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » What is something you bought many, many years ago that you absolutely did not need, have never used, and still own?

What is something you bought many, many years ago that you absolutely did not need, have never used, and still own?

Inspired by this question that was posted by another member:

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/127606/what-was-the-last-thing-you-bought-that-you-absolutely-did-not-n/view/post_id/894077

~

Posted - May 12, 2021

Responses

I bought a coin machine $150.that would tell 3 jokes for a loonie ($1.) Big flop, jokes were mediocre, not much variety.
    A screen printing kit that I quickly lost interest in.
    A metal detector that only found bottle caps, pull tabs and junk. No treasures.

Well I did use these things but only very briefly. Can't remember ever buying something I never tried using at all.
      May 13, 2021 2:07 AM MDT

A Keurig coffee maker; a double-burner pancake griddle; a set of Pyrex mixing bowls; a VCR and disks to record programs; a decorative water fountain; a shiatsu massaging cushion.
      May 13, 2021 8:40 AM MDT

Whoa, make sure you get a handle on that before it becomes unmanageable!
    ~

May 13, 2021 4:50 PM MDT

I know.  Why do you think I haven't moved in more than 40 years.
      May 13, 2021 5:26 PM MDT

A couple of all-purpose pocket knives.
      May 13, 2021 2:35 PM MDT

Oh, you want me to inventory my garage.  (Now technically if I didn't think I "needed" them at the time, I wouldn't have purchased them)

Let's see... there's that wire paint stripper I got off QVC.  I was going to repaint an ugly dresser (gold and ivory paint sloppily brushed on in a failed effort to look "antiqued").  However, once the item came, I discovered I already had 3 more just like it sitting in the garage.  Now I have 4.  Never did repaint that dresser either.

Then there's a lawnmower blade sharpener hanging on the wall of my garage - still in its original packaging.

Oh, and there's that car safety/first-aid kit sitting under the garage bench (in its original packaging).  Ok, to be honest about 15 years ago I did open the first aid kit part and tossed all the drugs that had expired in 1984. (hmmm... maybe I should toss the flares now too)

(Does this suffice?  I mean, there's a lot more... and don't even get me started on what's in my shed!)
      May 13, 2021 3:10 PM MDT

Meh, just take a sledgehammer to an inside wall of the garage to extend your storage space a bit. And have the cats help you! It’s not as if they have anything better to do!
    ~

May 13, 2021 4:53 PM MDT

Give a cat a sledgehammer?  Are you insane??!  The last time someone gave a cat a sledgehammer Atlantis disappeared.
      May 13, 2021 10:03 PM MDT