Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Kudos and Congrats to Ohio Governor (R) Mike De Wine for his brilliant hooks. Didja hear what he proposed?

Kudos and Congrats to Ohio Governor (R) Mike De Wine for his brilliant hooks. Didja hear what he proposed?

ONLY THOSE WHO GET VACCINATED ARE ELIGIBLE

5 weeks in a row there will be a LOTTERY  DRAW for $1 million

Also there will be a lottery for Three 4-year scholarships at a university in Ohio

I know. A REPUBLICAN who is anxious to get his people protected. SO ANXIOUS he is doing what he is pretty sure will work..dangle money.

A very nice template for what other governors should do. NO OTHER REPUBLICAN has the courage to do and he might get a lotta flak for it. I think he will tell his critics to shove it where the sun don't shine. I could be wrong.

Posted - May 13, 2021

Responses

Interesting concept. I suppose you could look at that in two ways. Some might view that as an incentive, while others might view it as a bribe. It depends on the person I suppose.
      May 13, 2021 11:34 AM MDT

I like the idea. I saw his interview on CBS this morning and Gayle King and Anthony Mason ganged up on him because he refused to answer questions about Liz Cheney, when the segment was supposed to be about his idea. I was pissed at Gayle, she kept interrupting him. He dodged it gracefully. Hey...maybe I will win the million. This post was edited by Element 99 at May 14, 2021 11:22 AM MDT
      May 13, 2021 3:09 PM MDT

I just think it is BRILLIANT! Everybody wins! I mean how can you possibly top THAT? I didn't see the interview. I wish people would FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS and not bollex up things by bringing extraneous-to-the-point things in. Anyway good for him! He's my kinda guy...for a Republican! Thank you for your reply E! I wonder if eventually he is going to have to pay a price for it? I sure hope not! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 14, 2021 11:22 AM MDT
      May 14, 2021 2:33 AM MDT

I like him.
      May 14, 2021 11:23 AM MDT

As do I but you already know that. I told you so before now. I just wonder who/what will come after him to "make him pay" for being a rational sane caring governor? I mean what other Republican is? I hope his days aren't numbered politically but even if they are I doubt it will make him flinch or backtrack or rescind anything. Thank you for your reply E and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      May 15, 2021 2:35 AM MDT