Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Israel has every right to defend itself." It also has every right to commit war crimes and get away with it. Know why?

"Israel has every right to defend itself." It also has every right to commit war crimes and get away with it. Know why?

Neither do I.

Posted - May 14, 2021

Responses

I just realized something.

Conservatives forgive Israel for a lot of their actions, for the same reason Liberals forgive blacks for their actions.
    Why?  Because of what their ancestors suffered in the past.

EG: "We should forgive blacks for rioting when they are upset, because of slavery."
    EG: "We should forgive Israel for oppressing Palestinians, because of the Holocaust.  And thousands of years of being oppressed."

Neither thinking is rational.
      May 14, 2021 8:19 AM MDT

I thought Christians love jews because the bible tells them to. Apparently they are instrumental in the end of times and the Christians want to be on their GOOD side. So that isn't true then? What do the Palestinians have to do with Nazi Germany? Here comes another question. Thanks Walt.
      May 14, 2021 8:24 AM MDT

It not that the Palestinians have anything to do with NAZI Germany ... although there were battles fought in the MidEast for the oil, to run the war machines of both sides in WW2.  It's that "the Israelis can do no wrong, because they were wronged in the past."
      May 14, 2021 9:36 AM MDT

That is ABSURD and RIDIKKALOUS! For cryin' out loud Walt! So to offset that the Israelis are WRONGING the Palestinians? Stupid dumbs for sure. Thank you for your reply. I CAHN"T STEND IT. Here comes a question about it! :( This post was edited by RosieG at May 15, 2021 2:09 AM MDT
      May 14, 2021 10:12 AM MDT

Exactly.

The same "reasoning" is used to excuse crimes by blacks.

"Well, a black person was wronged, so we can't hold it against these other blacks for committing crime to protest that."

It's all bovine scat, IMO.
      May 14, 2021 11:50 AM MDT

Who "EXCUSES" crimes by blacks Walt? Seriously. There have been so many more crimes AGANST them than committed by them over the centuries everywhere there is a history. Same thing with the Palestinians. Israel uses Palestine as its scapegoat whipping boy since Netanyahoo the crooked corrupt criminal took over. Another maniacal bully who takes power and uses it for his own evil ends. I think what we need is to implant mean vicious in everyone. That way there won't be those who are the beaters and those who are the beaten down. Everyone will fight everyone to the death. Sounds fair to me. You? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply m'dear. Here goes!
      May 15, 2021 2:13 AM MDT

Every time there is a "protest" that becomes a riot ... there is some "apologist" on the TV stating that we have to accept the crimes because of the oppression black people suffered for centuries.

Did you see the video where blacks are stealing stuff out of the back of an Amazon delivery van?  Some walked off with new, big-screen TVs.  I don't know how that helps them get over the oppression of their ancestors, but the "talking head" said it does.
      May 17, 2021 8:37 AM MDT

I have no idea what in the he** you are talking about. I have only heard that from you and no one else. Seriously Walt what are you watching that you say "every time there is a protest that becomes a riot there is some apologist on the TV stating the we have to accept the crimes because of the oppression black people suffered for centuries.?" C'mon.  Which channels?. When?. Give me an example. All I have is your word and it isn't that I don't believe you but I find it incredibly hard to believe because I have the TV on news all day long and I check Google News and Yahoo news every day and NOT ONCE have I ever read or heard what you say is "every time". So I will be happy to apologize if you can give me a valid comeuppance example in multiples as you imply. Okey dokey kiddo? Thanks. This post was edited by RosieG at May 17, 2021 12:21 PM MDT
      May 17, 2021 12:17 PM MDT

I don't watch news anymore, so just see it as I'm flipping channels and stop because "oh, there was a riot somewhere" factor.  And the commentary is a voice-over - somebody talking when they are showing the video - so I can't even tell who the "talking heads" are.

I'd be willing to bet it's not FOX, though.  Just because I've never seen non-right-wingers on that channel.
      May 17, 2021 1:36 PM MDT

Well m'dear honestly sometimes I can't STEND IT and so we run away to TCM (Turner Classic Movies) and watch about other times and lives just to get a break. How does not watching the news help anyone or anything? No disrespect intended here because you do know I value your input. But isn't that very SELFISH of you? Now what can you do if you know? I don't know have an answer for you Walt. But I always go back to Meditation V11. "No man is an island entire of itself. Every man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind. Never send to know for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee." I know it's cheesy but it is what I believe and feel. Opting out is not an option for me.  I am sad that it is for you. Keeping up to date about what is going on in the world is the least we can do in my opinion. Different strokes. We can only do what is logical for us and I have no right to fault you for what you do. On the other hand when did I ever not tell  you what I think? Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 18, 2021 4:03 AM MDT

I discovered in the 80s that national TV news was biased ... and it has only gotten worse since then, IMO.

I started watching local news, at that point. 
    But they just repeated the national news, biased to whatever network they were affiliated with.
    And didn't spend much time on actual local issues.
    So I stopped watching them, as well.

I had enjoyed true "round table" discussions, which presented multiple sides of issues.
    But those have all but disappeared.

Currently, I listen to the radio or look up what people around me are discussing.
      May 18, 2021 7:41 AM MDT

Know what jumped out at me Walt? "Round Table".  Ever hear of the Algonquin Round Table of I think around the1920's? Robert Benchley, Dorothy Parker and other wits of the day gathered weekly I think at the Algonquin Club in New York to "chat". The intelligentsia as it were of the day. Sharp wit was shared by all of them. Who has the sharpest wit today? Or are all the wits nits? I never questioned the veracity of "news". We had Walter Cronkite to tell it what was happening. And Chet Huntley and David Brinkley as well. We trusted them to tell us the truth. Tell you the truth I have no idea how they were wired politically. I don't remember ever having partisan  TV stations and you watched a specific one depending on your political party. I gotta ask that question. It is seriously screwed up today. Seriously. How do we unscrew it? Thank you for your reply Walt! Here goes!.
      May 26, 2021 1:07 PM MDT