Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do evangelical Christians who venerate Jews because when they established their state Jesus would return?

Do evangelical Christians who venerate Jews because when they established their state Jesus would return?

Jews believe that Jesus did not fulfill the prophecies that established the criteria for the coming of the Messiah.

Jews do not believe Jesus is a God o the Son of God. I think they think Jesus was a prophet but nothing more.

So since Jews don't acknowledge the Jesus of Christians why are Christians so supportive of all they do in Israel? It makes no sense if it is religious belief based because something does not compute here.

Christians believe CHRIST is THE SON OF GOD

Jews do not believe any such thing

Do Christians know that?

It should be embarrassing to them but maybe mostly the evangelicals never get embarrassed.

Now I brought this up because it makes no sense to me. But it must make a great of sense to the evangelicals/CHRISTIAN ZIONISTS or how could possibly believe what they believe and support what they support?

HELP!

Posted - May 15, 2021

Responses

Most Jewish people do not believe in Jesus as the Messiah.  But there are some who do based on the Old Testiment scriptures...Messiahic Judaism.
    Again that is only part of the prophecies. Israel becoming a nation again. There are more that will come to pass. 
      May 15, 2021 6:47 AM MDT

Good answer. It's a pleasure to see someone who knows, believes, and listens to what Scripture says instead of listening to what the world thinks. :)
      May 15, 2021 8:07 AM MDT

It is surprising to me how many people do not know the scriptures yet claim to be Christians. 
      May 15, 2021 8:24 AM MDT

It surprises me as well.
      May 15, 2021 8:31 AM MDT

I don't venerate the Jews. However, I do venerate God, who in Scripture, many centuries ago, prophesied the very thing you speak of. And as my2cents mentioned, more prophecies are yet to come.
      May 15, 2021 8:22 AM MDT