Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Communication » What is the most difficult sort of thing you have ever had to try to describe in writing?

What is the most difficult sort of thing you have ever had to try to describe in writing?

No diagrams 
Edit: or photo images.

Posted - May 16, 2021

Responses

I do a lot of writing, and when describing people, places, things, events, actions, etc., I have always had a penchant for doing so in extreme and intricate detail, which requires a focus on such minutiae that I try to achieve an accurate word-picture for the readers. As such, answering your question is both very difficult for me to do in a simple manner, and simultaneously very easy use as an apt example of same. 
      I believe some of the most difficult scenes to describe are intimacy between two (or more) people, because each motion and reaction for each party creates an opportunity for yet another following or opposite action to be recounted.

~

May 16, 2021 11:12 PM MDT

Describing intimacy might take the whole chapter of a book; or you could just say "we kissed.....!" And let one's imagination take its course.
      May 16, 2021 11:25 PM MDT

I tend to go through all of the sensory input too. 

~

May 16, 2021 11:26 PM MDT

Ok. Make it a whole book instead of just a chapter.
      May 16, 2021 11:28 PM MDT

Some of those thingies.
      May 17, 2021 6:55 AM MDT