Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » As usual we have a choice. We can work together to climb up out of the gawdawful mess we're in or we dig deeper and deeper. Odds are?

As usual we have a choice. We can work together to climb up out of the gawdawful mess we're in or we dig deeper and deeper. Odds are?

Posted - May 17, 2021

Responses

It's easier to dig down than climb up.  Especially when they're giving away free shovels.
      May 17, 2021 12:19 PM MDT

On the surface of what you said I think you are wrong. How much digging have you done Shuhak? Now I am including that others would provide ladders to use to facilitate our climbing out. Lacking that those who are mountain climbers would use pitons that they always carry on them to climb out and then help us climb out. Falling down is easier than climbing up. To be sure. But DIGGING down? And where would you put the dirt? Shovel it up and fling it? See the problem? Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Ever go mountain climbing?
      May 17, 2021 12:30 PM MDT

You're mixing literal with figurative.  

(Generally speaking) It's easier for one to stay in a "hole" (that is, to keep doing that which got one in a situation (i.e. "digging")), than to stop "digging" and try to get out (change).

Those who are handing out free shovels, are those who are denying that there is a hole, or that down is the way out.
      May 17, 2021 4:32 PM MDT

That is a problem because? It is all figurative isn't it? You don't think we are literally digging with shovels? C'mon Shuhak. Your figurative was met with mine. We do that all the time. Why is this time any different? Anyway do you still plan to mask and social distance? We do and will and are. I don't see any future where we won't. Someone was found with dozens of FAKE cards saying they were vaccinated. We KNOW that we are surround by liars. TRUST NO ONE. You are the only one who can save your life these days. You dare not rely on anyone but yourself. Of course I'm looking at it from the point of view of a cancer survivor whose immune system was compromised once upon a time and still may be. NO ONE KNOWS. Also my age and Jim's. Also Jim had a mild stroke a couple of years ago and it affected his hearing and his balance. Did it also affect HIS immune system? NO ONE KNOWS. SIGH. Thank you for your reply m'dear! Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      May 18, 2021 3:29 AM MDT