Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I suppose belonging is really important to some people. So they pretzelize themselves to fit someone else's template. Did/could you do that?

I suppose belonging is really important to some people. So they pretzelize themselves to fit someone else's template. Did/could you do that?

Posted - May 19, 2021

Responses

Did/could/ I do that? No, nor will I ever do that.
      May 19, 2021 7:33 AM MDT

I think a great many of us want behave within societal norms, but I believe you can do that and still be your own person.  I would not, have not and will not, conform to what one person believes I should be.
      May 19, 2021 7:58 AM MDT

Societal norms change and also it depends on what part of society we're taling about. The societal norms of fascists who are white supremacist domestic terrorist racists differs from those whose lives are dedicated to HELPING PEOPLE not enslaving them or subjecting them to pain and suffering and loss and death.

Anyway staying "within the law" is a must if you want to stay free. Operating under the radar and not needing to BE A STAR also is a must. If you stay outside of the flow and are ignored and do not call attention to yourself you'll be safe. That's the way to go. Thank you for your reply L. If you speak up stand up open up and defy those in power whose views are different you become a target. Some are simply not up to it. :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 22, 2021 4:51 AM MDT
      May 22, 2021 4:50 AM MDT

Yes, societal norms do change.  Fascists, white supremacist and domestic terrorist are the fringe in society, not the norm.  When I say most of us want to live with in societal norms, I mean those norms by which the majority of us live.  You are correct that some are not up to stepping up when they see something wrong because they fear retaliation in one form or another.  
      May 22, 2021 5:56 AM MDT

I disagree L. The 74 million who voted for trump are fascists/white supremacist and domestic terrorists THEMSELVES OR THEY SUPPORT IT! I fully believe that to be true. They "look the other way" and let the sh** hit the fan and tell us it is our imagination. They are destroying everything we hold dear and getting away with it. MILLIONS and MILLIONS and MILLIONS of them are not on the fringes. They are what is happening right now. So we disagree on this. I hope you are right. I fear you aren't. Thank you for your reply.
      May 25, 2021 3:19 AM MDT

I wonder how many of those 74 million people knew what he was before they voted for him.  I'm a New Yorker and I had no idea he was that far gone.  It wasn't until he was in office that his inner fascist/white supremacist came into full bloom.  
      May 25, 2021 6:03 AM MDT

I think New Yorkers in general didn't like him. His and his pop's history in the 70's being sued for not selling or renting to blacks stained him. His business failures stained him. His deadbeat cheat business dealings stained him. But the degree of depravity no one knew and I expect it surprised even him. There had never been such opportunity for power AND he never knew there were so many mushhead braindead robotic automatons just waiting for him to program them. VOILA! The perfect storm! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      May 25, 2021 6:36 AM MDT

We knew him as a con man and egomaniac.  I knew his father was a racist, but I wasn't aware that Donald was because most of the media accounts I remember reading about related to him in a social reference.  I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
      May 25, 2021 6:47 AM MDT

Yep. A chip off the old blockhead for sure. His kids are chips off him. Their kids are chips off them. And so on and so on and so on! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      May 26, 2021 5:48 AM MDT