Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever get migraines? Ever hear of the "headache hat"? Put it on and the headache disappears? It's on the market. Gonna try it?

Ever get migraines? Ever hear of the "headache hat"? Put it on and the headache disappears? It's on the market. Gonna try it?

Posted - May 21, 2021

Responses

I've never had a migraine, but years ago, I had a severe sinus infection that made me want to chop my head off which is how I imagine a migraine feel like.  Once that cleared up, I was fine.  
      May 21, 2021 9:07 AM MDT

I had something called VAlley Fever when I moved to the San Fernando Valley which affected both ears. It was very painful and what I heard sounded like it was coming through cotton. Never had a migraine thankfully. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      May 21, 2021 9:27 AM MDT

That must have been awful.  Glad you're done with it. :)
      May 21, 2021 10:36 AM MDT

Me too. Long ago and far away when I was a lot younger. Thank you for your reply. The inner ear infection is the most painful thing I ever felt including needing a root canal! :)
      May 21, 2021 11:14 AM MDT

I agree.  :)
      May 22, 2021 3:09 AM MDT

You're up early sweetie. It's 2:15 am here so 5:15 am where you are. Couldn't sleep? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee! :)
      May 22, 2021 3:13 AM MDT

I've been up since 2:30 AM and couldn't go back to sleep.  I'll need a nap this afternoon, for sure.  Happy Saturday. :)
      May 22, 2021 6:08 AM MDT

Gosh by then I've usually been up a couple of hours. We go to bed around 6:30 or 7 and get up around midnight though sometimes Jim will "sleep in" till 2am. Of course we nap during the day. Our sleep pattern got screwed up when I had cancer and couldn't sleep sometimes. That was in 2008 but who remembers? It's gotten worse over the years and we just go with it. I mean what choice do we have? Thank you for your reply L and Happy MOnday to you! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 24, 2021 2:44 AM MDT
      May 24, 2021 2:43 AM MDT

My sleep patterns have gotten screwed up now that I'm working from home.  With everyone spending so much time indoors, I get bored and nap in the afternoon sometimes and that screws up my nights.  I'm trying to get back on a schedule because I don't like being up in the middle of the night!
      May 24, 2021 8:32 AM MDT

Welcome to MY world honey! Well I hope you can reclaim the schedule sleepwise. It might take a bit of time but I know you'll get there. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Monday to you! :)
      May 24, 2021 8:47 AM MDT

I hope so. :)  Happy Monday.
      May 24, 2021 9:13 AM MDT

Thanks m'dear. So far so good. Hope the same is true for you too! :)
      May 24, 2021 9:31 AM MDT

So far, so good.  The past two days have been 90+ degrees - hot as he!!.  Today, it's much better - 64 degrees and I love it!
      May 24, 2021 9:39 AM MDT

We're having a few days in the 90's currently but we've been blessed with respites from heat now and then and hopefully will be again. Today we Walmart and they open at 6am so we might go there then and then just come straight home. Thursday I have some banking to do so that will be our errand day. I like routine. I like to know what I can count on. I like it a lot! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      May 25, 2021 2:58 AM MDT

Today will be about the same here as yesterday - cooler and sunny.  It will heat up later in the week and we may get some rain over the holiday weekend.  I did my food shopping yesterday because I was down in PA over the weekend.  I have a couple of short errands to run and then I'm back home.  If it's nice, I will sit out on the benches in front of my building and read.  
      May 25, 2021 6:09 AM MDT

Cool! You spent time with your Pennsylvania family! Nifty. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 25, 2021 6:28 AM MDT

I did.  My brother-in-law's son and his girlfriend bought a house recently and they invited us to brunch on Sunday.  We had a nice weekend other than the fact that it was 93 degrees.
      May 25, 2021 6:50 AM MDT

How nifty was that? Did it seem kinda strange after so long? Thank you for your reply L! :)
      May 26, 2021 5:46 AM MDT

It did seem a bit odd, but enjoyable nonetheless.  They have two dogs which I missed just as much and they went wild when I came in the door.  
      May 26, 2021 7:07 AM MDT

Does that warm your heart or what? Speaking of which do you get a program called LUCKY DOG? It shows here on Saturday mornings but we always tape it and watch later. A couple who has devoted their lives to finding homes for rescue dogs is what it's about. They find suitable forever homes for dogs that will be put down if not moved out. Each case always has a happy ending of course. I fear many don't. But well it's our favorite show. If you haven't seen it look for it sweetie. I think you would love it too. It counteracts all those ads about dogs who have been abused and are afraid. Sometimes they are shaking. Their eyes are always so sad. We can't watch them but LUCKY DOG? It's awesome. Thank you for your reply! So any idea yet when the worklife end will end and you'll make your move? What a super thing to look forward too. Bet you are ECSTATIC! Not to leave your good friend/boss of many years. That will be sad. But to move on to the rest of your life with your family? OH BOY!
      May 26, 2021 8:26 AM MDT

No, I don't get that program  I have the lowest tier of cable.  I'm hoping that my boss is serious about retiring at the end of January 2022 (end of our fiscal year).  Naturally, I won't look for a place or move in the winter, but that will be my aim.
      May 26, 2021 1:34 PM MDT

Gee L that's pretty close at hand. I expect he doesn't need the money. I wonder some folks are defined by their jobs. Could he be one of them who might have a hard time no longer being employed? Thank you for your reply. :)
      May 27, 2021 4:13 AM MDT

I guess he'll find out soon enough. :)  He and his wife bought a condo in FL and he's been spending time down there as well as up north.  He's been golfing and I'm guessing he's in an area where there are seniors and social activities for them.  He'll be fine financially, so that won't be a problem.
      May 27, 2021 7:45 AM MDT

Good for him! Sounds like the transitioning is no problem. Golf is all-consuming once you get into it. Thank you for your reply L! :) Good to know. I've never understand those folks who tried retirement but couldn't cut it. They had to go back to consult or whatever. They had nothing else to pursue. Their jobs were their entire lives apparently and so without them they were lost. Sad that.
      June 4, 2021 7:11 AM MDT