Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » How should I determine this?

How should I determine this?

I have a little over 300 credits right now.  When they get to 500, I plan on giving them all away to one member.  I will do this every time they hit that number.  How should I determine who gets them? It will not be the same member each time. 

Posted - October 25, 2016

Responses

Do NOT give them to me.  Thank you.  The fun part had always been earning the points by myself.  I see no value in getting points that someone else has earned.  This turns it into a popularity contest.   That is not what getting points should be about.  It is about acknowledging input and letting the questioner know that he is being read.  It is about giving good answers.

When you can give your points to someone else that is like doing their homework for them.   Then there will be fights about people who get their friends on here to give them points.  Then fights will start about how someone is always giving points away to a certain person and they don't return the favor.  It will get unnecessarily complicated.

Write questions and see if you get points.  PERIOD. 

If you want to give those gifts, it should be separate and from friend to friend.  NOT POINTS. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 27, 2016 4:35 AM MDT
      October 25, 2016 1:34 PM MDT

• Brahahahaaa...... 
      October 25, 2016 1:38 PM MDT

You did not read this because I just finished now and you are already on here.  Let me finish please, Kar.

Oh and we should NOT be able to point ourselves either.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 25, 2016 1:50 PM MDT
      October 25, 2016 1:41 PM MDT

• Sorry, but that was all I saw at the time, and it even took me a minute to get that posted. They aren't points like we got on AB, they are credits you use to send other members gifts from the AM gift shop. Just little virtual gifts. It still keeps a running total of how many you have accumulated whether you spend them or gift them to someone.  
      October 25, 2016 1:53 PM MDT

Why would anyone fight for something that has no real value?  Your depiction of the grammar school playground fighting over points borders on the ridiculous.  I don't think you give the adult members here enough credit.
      October 25, 2016 11:16 PM MDT

Ms. P. Child:

That is because you have absolutely no concept of what I am talking about.  You have not had my experience with how I did stuff on Answer Bag, why I liked the system I had and what the value of doing it my way WAS.   I knew how to pass the time on there and break records in the amount of points I could accumulate.  It was  like a game that I was great at.  Do you know that I, Sharonna, accumulated more points on AB in one year than most members had in 10 years?  You think you could do that?  TRY IT.    You are not interested?   It is a hell of a lot more fun than randomly passing a bunch of numbers to someone who did not even earn them because you are their friend.  BORING.  

I was trying to explain it to you and I understand that you don't get it.  I probably would be like you too, and think this is a lame idea.  Well, it is because you did not DO it.  So why stick your opinion in here?   You do this to me no matter what just to be contrary.  You are lucky you are such a wonderful pet person or I would take umbrage.

What EVER This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 26, 2016 12:20 AM MDT
      October 26, 2016 12:16 AM MDT

Do you ever find yourself winded or short of breath?  I betcha it's from blowing your own horn as often as you do.  "You haven't had my experience, You don't know how I did stuff, my way was more valuable, I knew how to pass the time, I knew how to break records, I accumulated more than anyone else, It was a game and I was great at it”,  I, I, I.   Yawns.   All that in just ONE post.  You would do yourself a favor by learning some humility rather than feeling the need to constantly display your inflated ego and glorify yourself.

And it seems you give the same response when you don't want to address what someone has called you on -  "You don't get it.....You don't understand what I'm saying....You have no concept", as if your concept is so far beyond what anyone else can comprehend.  I got news for you, it's not complicated at all, it's merely off the mark.  I thought you would have figured out from my previous posts that I don't give a big rat's behind about points/credits.  They could take them away tomorrow and I wouldn’t give it a second thought.  I don’t place MY value in the amount of points I have the way you do. 

Why stick my opinion in here you ask?  Because I can, that’s why.  But that’s right, since you put yourself far above any other, only YOU have the right to an opinion.

October 26, 2016 4:59 AM MDT

• Shar, what's the difference in giving my credits to someone as opposed to sending gifts to someone? It's pretty much the same concept. I'm not much on sending the gifts, so why not gift the credits to someone who does. If any fighting breaks out, I'll not give them to anyone and just let them collect dust and cobwebs. They are NOT points, they don't take you up a level, they are only for giving gifts. 
      October 26, 2016 5:13 AM MDT

Hey, just thought of another question for you. You'be made it known a few times you don't want points given to you. You say the fun part is in earning them yourself. However, haven't you willingly accepted the points/credits that JA has given you?  I received quite a few just a few days ago and I did nothing to earn them. I'm assuming you've received them just like everyone else, and if so, you didn't do anything to earn those. I suppose there's a slight chance you turned them down when they were offered to you.  Did you???
      October 27, 2016 4:50 AM MDT

• I have an idea, but you'll need a bottle of booze and a dart board.
      October 25, 2016 1:40 PM MDT

Now THAT I can get next to.
      October 25, 2016 1:42 PM MDT

• Do you deliver?? :)
      October 25, 2016 1:54 PM MDT

• Maybe I'm missing something here, but to me, points are like money... Totally useless unless spent ... And I'm not suggesting a prolifigate life style when I say that ... Why not keep your points and spend them on a gift for some poor soul who's feeling down?
    For me that is a good use ... Your gift just might be the one bright thing in an otherwise grey world ...
      October 25, 2016 1:58 PM MDT

• I've never really been one to send these gifts. On the other site when there were free ones, I rarely ever sent them. Some people like sending them so I just figured I'd share mine. They will just collect dust if I keep them. 
      October 25, 2016 2:02 PM MDT

• Of course the decision is up to you Kas. :) ... But think about how you feel when you receive that unexpected smile from someone ... It's just a day brightener for all of us ... If you like, a validation that we matter ... Now, just to be honest, I'm a Pisces ... So I tend to live with one foot in a dream world :)
      October 25, 2016 2:08 PM MDT

• I'm not much on sending the gifts, so I figure giving them to someone who is would be better than letting the just collect dust. 
      October 26, 2016 5:14 AM MDT

• Your choice ... Either way you are going to brighten someone's day
      October 26, 2016 5:19 AM MDT

• That's the way I'm looking at it. This way kinda doubles it.  It will make the person who gets them happy and they people they send gifts to will be happy as well. 
      October 26, 2016 5:26 AM MDT

• I do the same Karen, if someone else finds value in them and can use them, why not give them to 'em? 
      October 26, 2016 7:16 AM MDT

I feel the same way about points/credits that you do.  You said when you reach 500, you will give those points to another member.   Please send me a message and let me know when that occurs and to whom and I will match your points.  

I certainly hope this doesn't devalue the community's currency to such an extent that we suffer irreparable harm all because of a mistaken belief by some that point sharing points jeopardizes the respect, admiration and prestig because they feel the point system no longer reflects a member's true status.   I say bullpucky.

October 25, 2016 10:54 PM MDT

• I think sharing them instead of hoarding them would be better.  If I  keep them,   they won't be circulated.  I think gifting them is the better option.  I'll let you know who gets them. Thank you for understanding what I'm doing. 
      October 26, 2016 5:42 AM MDT

I honestly don't know why someone is up in arms about this.  Mine would just sit there as well so I'd rather follow your lead and put them to better use.  When the time comes, I'll need your help because I've never done a thing with points.  You're very welcome.
      October 26, 2016 6:31 AM MDT

• I'm close to 400 now. It won't be much longer. All you do is go to the persons profile page and under their profile pic select the option of giving them credits. I've already done it once. :)
      October 26, 2016 6:45 AM MDT

I just contributed to your cause. Have fun donating!
      October 26, 2016 6:58 AM MDT