Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Besides CANNED corn and tomatoes what other CANNED VEGETABLES ARE EDIBLE?

Besides CANNED corn and tomatoes what other CANNED VEGETABLES ARE EDIBLE?

Posted - May 22, 2021

Responses

Beans
    Peas
    Green Beans
    Carrots

May 22, 2021 4:23 AM MDT

Canned peas and green beans? AARRGGHH. Beans are best purchased dried and COOKED FROM SCRATCH so you can control the sodium that lies therein. Carrots are so readily available and preparable who on earth would buy them CANNED? Do you do that? Not use FRESH veggies? Just canned? Really? Do you even like to cook m2c or is it a chore you do because you have to? Thank you for your reply.
      May 22, 2021 4:41 AM MDT

You asked what was edible.  Not what tastes best. 
      May 22, 2021 4:50 AM MDT

I can't think of any that are not. I have bought unfamiliar things out of curiosity and not liked them very much, but that's merely a matter of taste. There is nothing instrinsically wrong or harmful in eating tinned produce.

Most of the vegetables and quite a lot of the fruit I eat are canned because I cannot keep stocks of fresh (please define... all right, un-canned) produce fresh enough for long enough. Carrots are among the worst. The spuds in an open cardboard box in the cupboard are already sprouting - though are at least still perfectly edible!

I do though decant the unused portion of an opened can-full into a glass jar and keep that in the fridge if I am not going to eat it on the next day.
      May 24, 2021 3:41 AM MDT