Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Jacques De Molay was the last Grand Master of the Knights Templar before it was disbanded centuries ago. Know what's puzzling?

Jacques De Molay was the last Grand Master of the Knights Templar before it was disbanded centuries ago. Know what's puzzling?

The Freemasons of today say there is no connection whatsoever between their organization and the Knights Templar. None. Zero. Nada.

And yet?

Young people whose parent is a Mason have organizations they can join.

Job's Daughters for the Girls

DE MOLAYS for the boys

So I ask you why would there be a De Molay anything in Freemasonry if there were no connection at all with the long ago Knights Templar?

Full Disclosure. My sister was Queen of her Bethel as a teen. We had an uncle who was a Mason so that's why.

I don't expect Masons to admit they are. They have a secret handshake so they can identify one another.

Posted - May 23, 2021

Responses

They might mean whatever connections did exist were more by co-incidence and individuals belonging to both than to any formal link;  but anyway it was so long ago that perhaps most of the modern Masons consider it of minor historical interest, but otherwise irrelevant.

So long ago too, that it cannot possibly matter now. The modern Freemasons is simply a private-members' social-club and charity fund-raiser.

Anway, in the heyday of the Knights Templar wasn't the Freemasons organisation still its original trade guild?

I think they were the professional builders who designed the biggest and most advanced buildings of their time, the great cathedrals, rather than physically assembled them; although they would have trained as apprentices then journeymen masons on the building sites.  "Free" meant as contractors rather than direct employees of kings or the Church. The change from what was a sort of trade-union to social club must have taken a very long time but I don't know its history to that detail.
      May 24, 2021 2:14 AM MDT

The trigger for this was a program I watched on The History Channel. It was about the Knights Templar and they talked a lot bout Jacques De Molay. Because of my sister I knew about the De Molays and I thought AHAH! and away I went. Prior to watching that show I was clueless. I have heard that there are and have been many "movers and shakers" through the years who have belonged to some secret organization. It seems to have a very sinister underbelly. They operate today allegedly and run the world. I don't know if that's true or just more conspiracy theory. Do you think humans could stand a world without conspiracy theories? Just think how "CLEAN" such a world would be Durdle. Lighter too and free of that burden. I know. More wishful thinking. Thank you for your helpful and informative reply. Much appreciated! :)
      May 24, 2021 2:28 AM MDT