Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Those who do the New York Times Crossword Puzzles in ink and play Chess well probably could be good friends. Would they be competitive?

Those who do the New York Times Crossword Puzzles in ink and play Chess well probably could be good friends. Would they be competitive?

Aren't friends supposed to support one another, not compete AGAINST one another? How does that work exactly?

Posted - May 23, 2021

Responses

No reason they  can't compete as friends! They would tend to stimulate and encourage each other.
      May 24, 2021 1:43 AM MDT

I am not a fan of competition Durdle. I think it often brings out the worst in people. They compete to "win" which then affords them some recognition and satisfaction I would imagine. I don't compete. I don't need or wish to be "better than" or best at anything. Where that comes from I have no idea. I do admire talent. I don't remember ever experiencing any kind of "trauma" at losing. I know professional tennis players can be very good friends and compete all the time. On the court they are warriors and antagonists. Off the court they're not. I don't know how to do that. Be different Rosies according to my surroundings. Are you fond of competing? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      May 24, 2021 1:51 AM MDT