Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Music » If you know the answer, can you help me with a music question?

If you know the answer, can you help me with a music question?

I've always really liked Supertramp's album "famous last words" and my question is about the first song on that album - - "Crazy."

I've looked in numerous places over time and I cannot find out what the group is singing at the 1:18 to 1:31 mark. The liner notes on the CD have all the songs' lyrics, and the group is singing something at this point in the song, yet, no words are marked. No website in which I've looked identifies the words/ verbalizations, either.

To me it sounds like they're singing :   " Try  min i cal" over and over

Anyway, I like the song (the entire album, actually; especially "It's Raining Again") and this video has the lyrics posted with subtitles in Spanish

Even if you don't answer, I hope you might listen to the song, ha

Posted - May 23, 2021

Responses

I can't make that out. Weird! Maybe it needs to be played backwards and on 78 speed! 

Good song. I don't know that I've heard it before! 
      May 23, 2021 9:10 PM MDT

You might be on to something with playing it backwards.  :) I like the song a lot, too.
    Here's a big hit off the same album - "It's Raining Again."  You probably already know that one.

The whole album is great for me.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 24, 2021 12:27 AM MDT
      May 23, 2021 9:14 PM MDT

I do know that one! Breakfast in America is one of my favorite albums. 
      May 23, 2021 9:17 PM MDT

Breakfast in America" - - yesssssssssss. Amazingly good to me, too. I like it all and really like "The Logical Song."

I think this "famous last words" album is really good in its entirety. And. like "Breakfast's" cover, I like this "famous last words" cover.  :)

Famous Last Words... - Wikipedia

EDIT:  you can't see it too well here, but the walker is looking back over his shoulder at that hand.  :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 24, 2021 12:28 AM MDT
      May 23, 2021 9:21 PM MDT

I forgot to post the cover art when I posted my reply. Hope you catch the image, if you didn't see it the first time.
      May 23, 2021 9:25 PM MDT

Gosh, I forgot about this group and their music.  Here's one I loved. 

May 24, 2021 12:22 AM MDT

Yes! I like that song, too!  :)
    That's the last song on this same "famous last words" album, too.

Having a rough morning and seeing your post, and listening to the song as I post, is nice. Thank you.

Everyone's input and 'likes' have been nice to read.
      May 24, 2021 8:48 AM MDT

Wait a minute now, it sounds like to me. Roger Hodgson can sometimes be hard to puzzle out, but he's nowhere near as bad as Manfred Mann.
      May 23, 2021 9:32 PM MDT

Ha!

Your take on the lyrics at that point could work, too!
    I like the song and group well enough that none of it really bothers me.
      May 23, 2021 9:53 PM MDT