Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever hear of DETRANSITIONING? I hadn't but it sounds incredibly awful. A person transitions from one gender to the other. AND THEN?

Ever hear of DETRANSITIONING? I hadn't but it sounds incredibly awful. A person transitions from one gender to the other. AND THEN?

Realizes that wanting to be another gender did not do anything to make his/her life better.

So he/she transitions back to the original gender.

I wonder how often that happens?

Posted - May 25, 2021

Responses

I've read a couple of stories like that.  Both transitioned from male to female including the surgery only to regret the decision at some point.  They both are now living as a male. 
      May 25, 2021 2:16 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Honeydew. I've always felt that living inside a body you couldn't relate to must be a very sad and hard thing to do. That transitioning into the person you are within emotionally physically would have to be so awesome. But then to do that and find it wasn't freeing and uplifting? I don't know how many people there are who have experienced that but my heart goes out to them. I cannot imagine me being in the body of a guy. I like being female. I always have. I'm not a "girly girl" but I enjoy being a girl. I have never met anyone who transitioned TO MY KNOWLEDGE. I think having that option is life-saving. If you enjoy being the person you are that is very lucky. Happy Tuesday to you and yours! :)
      May 25, 2021 2:24 AM MDT

Letting stereotypes decide your gender is crazy. 
    If you female...it is ok to not be a girly girl...you are still female. 
    Same for a male. 
      May 25, 2021 4:12 AM MDT