Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » GENDER is a homo sap invention. It is based on the anatomy of BODY PARTS. A spirit has no body. Therefore isn't spirit genderless?

GENDER is a homo sap invention. It is based on the anatomy of BODY PARTS. A spirit has no body. Therefore isn't spirit genderless?

Posted - May 26, 2021

Responses

Are you sure a spirit is genderless?
    That would be based on an assumption that spirits do not procreate.

What if they do?  That leaves only a few means by which they would.
    Maybe they divide like amoebas.
    Maybe they have set genders equivalent to male and female.
    Maybe they change genders when required, like certain species we know of.
    Maybe they spontaneously come into existence.

I was thinking the other day ... what if everything in our cosmos has a spirits/soul, and they are recycled?
    Only they are tied to the size of the organic being they inhabit.
    EG: 1 human dies, and their soul is recycled to thousands of insects.

May 26, 2021 8:01 AM MDT

Well Walt of course spirits procreating would be without a body. There would be no womb in which for 9 months the new being is growing. Having been pregnant and giving birth I KNOW what homo sap procreation is all about. But spirits? That I cannot address since I don't have a clue how it would be achieved. But I give that to you as a possibility certainly. I also ask this...is there not a living thing that can create itself without interaction with another "other"?  Perhaps spirits do that too. Hermaphrodites in the spirit world? I do not know. But we know the method does not require being corporeal. Since I am that and not a spirit I can't really get there from here. How do you? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 26, 2021 8:15 AM MDT
      May 26, 2021 8:13 AM MDT

.is there not a living thing that can create itself without interaction with another "other"?

The only thing I can think of are single-cell organisms, which is why I mentioned amoebas.
    But if a spirit is energy, I don't know why it couldn't split itself into multiple entities.

I can't remember what show I saw it on, but they had spirits require 2 or more genders and each spirit would give a part of itself to form a new "child" entity.
    The formation was almost instantaneous, and the "child" was born with all the knowledge of the "parents" and a personality analogous to a human teenager.  (not fully developed, but advanced beyond a child) This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at May 26, 2021 11:20 AM MDT
      May 26, 2021 11:09 AM MDT

That sounds supernifty Walt. I did not see it but sure would have like to have done so. Well if you do remember couldja tell me? That's what homo saps. Give part of their DNA to the kid. Only they can't choose which part. Which brings up a question. What if we could CHOOSE our DNA? What would you choose that you aren't already? I shall ask. Thank you for your fun replies. I am in complete enjoyment of them! :)
      May 26, 2021 11:22 AM MDT

According to Wikipedia a spirit is a supposed supernatural phenomena that is not subject to the laws of nature.

So then I suppose a spirit could make itself anything it desires to  be at any time perhaps even becoming visible in any kind of form as well as invisible. 

May 26, 2021 9:57 AM MDT

I don't doubt that for a minute Kg. For all we know the level of "reality" at which we live is the lowest rung on that ladder. Since we have nothing with which to compare it how can be ever know if the reality we perceive is all there is? I think I'll ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      May 26, 2021 12:41 PM MDT