Active Now

WelbyQuentin
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I intended to list all the race riots in the US since 1900 but there are way too many. Whites targeting blacks. Know what I didn't find?

I intended to list all the race riots in the US since 1900 but there are way too many. Whites targeting blacks. Know what I didn't find?

BLACKS TARGETING WHITES. If you know of when and where please let me know. I did not omit anything. I couldn't find anything.

1921 Tulsa Race Massacre...May 31/June 1 in 1921. Coming up to that time 100 years later. We are NO BETTER now than we were then. It's just that it's the cops that are doing it piecemeal so it doesn't show as much

Aug. 14, 1908   Springfield, Illinois
Atlanta, Georgia 1906
July 1, 1917 East St. Louis, Illinois
July 1866 New Orleans
May 1866 Memphis, Tennessee
May 1, 1992  Los Angeles, California

After that I lost my stomach for it. Suffice it to say there are hundreds I suppose...thousands maybe.

Not behind us. Not over and done. More to come. More to come. More to come.

Posted - May 28, 2021

Responses

My familly  and I were caught in the midde of the Detroit riots in the 60s and it wasn't the whites that saved us from getting our heads bashed in it was a black familly.  Gordon  Lightfoot made a song about that riot called Black Day In July and it is about  how the cops and media  blamed the riot on a long hot summer that flared tempers but in fact the riot was flared by a cop shooting a black youth to death then getting away with it and when blacks tried to peacefully protest they were hit with water canons and police bats. Cheers and happy weekend!
      May 28, 2021 8:49 AM MDT

I did tell you that I was born in Highland Park, Michigan a suburb of Detroit didn't I Nanoose? Also that my uncle was a Detroit cop before we all moved to California? That must have been scary as he**. Terrifying! This was in the 60's and I know you know what stood out. "....in fact the riot was flared up by a COP SHOOTING A BLACK YOUTH TO DEATH THEN GETTING AWAY WITH IT....." The more things change the more they stay the same. I'd say I CAHN'T STEND IT but I've said that many times before and it keeps happening and I keep stending it! There no chance in he** anything is ever going to change on that front is there? Condolences to you and your family for having that experience in your memory banks. You surely didn't need it. I fear more to come and soon. Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      May 28, 2021 9:18 AM MDT