Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » During the sign up process for HP Instant Ink, a message told me to print out a page with a code on it. But I'm out of ink, so I can't.

During the sign up process for HP Instant Ink, a message told me to print out a page with a code on it. But I'm out of ink, so I can't.

I have an HP 2710 all-in-one printer. So far I haven't ordered any spare ink cartridges because I haven't used it a lot. Instant Ink is a service by which HP will automatically deliver new cartridges when you are running low. The message said:

"A Network Configuration page will print. You will need the code on this printed page in the next step." 

Is there a way to get past this stage or will I just have to order my new cartridge another way?

Posted - May 30, 2021

Responses

Can't you call HP for advice?
      May 30, 2021 2:36 PM MDT

I have not been able to find a phone number for them, unfortunately.

It doesn't really matter, I can still order the cartridge, just won't get the discount.
      May 30, 2021 3:35 PM MDT

The telephone number is at the end of this.  The link to the site is https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/l/?jumpid=va_65bsqvipye

HP Instant Ink

Never run out and save up to 50%

Your printing service includes:
    Original HP ink or toner
    Hassle-free delivery and recycling
    Flexible plan options, starting at $0.99 per month

Change or cancel anytime with no fee

This post was edited by SpunkySenior at May 30, 2021 6:04 PM MDT
      May 30, 2021 6:03 PM MDT

Is the document amenable to being printed in some other colour so you can use an ink you have not used much. I suspect it would not be,  but it's a thought.

I wonder if it's ever occurred to companies like HP that being fairer and more honest, and not over-charging for inks, would be better for them than their having to develop ways to try to stop the printers working on third-party inks?
      June 3, 2021 4:28 PM MDT