Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Can a president president from prison while the cabinet does it's thing from the Capitol, the White House, D.C.?

Can a president president from prison while the cabinet does it's thing from the Capitol, the White House, D.C.?

Posted - June 1, 2021

Responses

Maybe and if it is Trump his first official act will be ordering  a button so he can get the prison guards to bring him a diet coke anytime he wants. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at June 2, 2021 1:59 AM MDT
      June 1, 2021 9:24 AM MDT

There is nothing in the CONSTITUTION to prevent a convicted crook who spends life in prison from being president SIMULTANEOUSLY. So we have that to look forward too in 2024! Leave it to the Americans to leave wiggle room to accommodate that! Sheesh. Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Wednesday to you and yours! :)
      June 2, 2021 2:01 AM MDT

Wondering if it is Trump will he arrange conjugal visits with Green so that they can do the KFC and Nazi war propaganda thing. Cheers!

June 1, 2021 9:57 AM MDT

Oh geez Nanoose I'm sipping my first cuppa coffee and I read this! BIG MISTAKE! I started laughing while I was swallowing. I don't advise it. OMG. The visuals are really ghastly. Talk about a HORROR movie that would be it. Give us a peep hole show and charge big bucks to watch them "get it on"? I wonder how much that would be worth? Thank you for your reply m'deaer! :)
      June 2, 2021 2:03 AM MDT

If you are referring to Trump, the question is moot since he is no longer president. The only relevant reference is Biden. If he were sent to prison for committing a crime, Congress would likely either impeach and remove him from office or invoke the 25th amendment. And members of the Cabinet operate from their offices and the White House, not the Capitol, which is a different building. It's the one with the dome where the insurrection took place on January 6th.
      June 1, 2021 10:10 AM MDT

I think not. He can run in 2024 FROM PRISON. That is what this is about. Thank you for your response and happy Westnesday to you and yours.

There is NOTHING in the CONSTITUTION to prevent a prisoner from being elected to the presidency. Take it from there Stu.
      June 2, 2021 2:04 AM MDT

If he lost as an incumbent not convicted of anything, what makes you think he would win having been convicted, which may or may not even happen? In any case, why are you worrying now about something for which about six things need to go a certain way to come to fruition? Aren't there more immediate concerns?
      June 2, 2021 7:47 AM MDT

In theory ... if the President is sentenced to jail and not removed from office by Congress, the President would be Constitutionally able to preside from prison. 

Related questions - would his Secret Service detail have to be in the cell with him, or would they stand outside?
    And would they be allowed to carry their firearms?
      June 1, 2021 1:04 PM MDT

I asked that question also. Would they share his cell or have their own. Corrupt criminal crooks "head" many countries. Our Constitution is woefully naive. Assuming a president wouldn' be a vile evil vicious destroyer. They were not visionaries. I expect they did the best they could being the white wealthy privileged slave owners they were. They felt ENTITLED I expect. Whatever. Thank you for your reply Walt. :)
      June 2, 2021 1:52 AM MDT

I wonder how it would work with the person that carries the nucular football. There have been riots were the prisoners took over so it is possible they could get the football and hold the country for ransom. Cheers!
      June 2, 2021 8:21 AM MDT

Can you imagine Trump addressing the Nation from prison? The mashed potatoes are cold  -  the Mexicans are planing to go over the wall with ladders that were provided by the bleeding heart dems -  the toiIet wine is plant bassed because Biden wants to take away your right to eat meat. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at June 2, 2021 9:10 AM MDT
      June 2, 2021 8:37 AM MDT