Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When it gets TOO DARN HOT in Hemet our TV getaway is watching OLD MAGNUM RERUNS. We spend time in Hawaii. Where's yours?

When it gets TOO DARN HOT in Hemet our TV getaway is watching OLD MAGNUM RERUNS. We spend time in Hawaii. Where's yours?

We don't watch the current Magnum. It's not nearly as good as the Original. But what is?

Posted - June 4, 2021

Responses

I used to watch the old Magnum and I've caught a couple of the reruns when there's nothing else to watch.  The new one is not bad, except that the Higgins on the new one is irritating as all get-out.  I do like the camaraderie of the guys.  I'm really tired of Higgy's nastiness and superior attitude towards Magnum.  It's true that the old Higgins had the same attitude, but he had much less face time on the show.  
      June 4, 2021 6:36 AM MDT

I liked the original a lot so it would have to go a long long way to match that. The new Higgins is a dame for goodness sakes! A DAME! Crikey! That's an IMPROVEMENT? Not! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      June 4, 2021 6:48 AM MDT

They need to soften her up a bit - she's too strident for my taste.  It was after all, Magnum's PI business which she seems to want to overtake.  
      June 4, 2021 10:16 AM MDT

I didn't like any of them at all. Gave it a try ONCE. When I learned about the premise I was OUTTA THERE. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      June 5, 2021 5:36 AM MDT

I didn't like it at first, but it has grown on me and, with the exception of Higgins, I really like the show.  Too bad she's in almost all the scenes.
      June 5, 2021 8:00 AM MDT

Mine is Toronto Ontario during the early 1900s. I watch re runs of Murdock Mysteries which is about a police detective that  solves crimes with the help of science. I learn a lot of Canadian history by watching it. Cheers and happy weekend!
      June 4, 2021 11:28 AM MDT

That name sounds VERY FAMILIAR m'dear. I wonder might it have been syndicated or shown in the US. What year(s) did it run? Thank you for your reply! Nifty place to escape to that teaches you history painlessly! :)
      June 5, 2021 5:38 AM MDT

It ran for the last 8 seasons. Cheers and happy weekend!
      June 5, 2021 7:12 AM MDT

Very cool! Happy Watchting Nanoose! :)
      June 5, 2021 7:23 AM MDT