Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Zack
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » In days of yore fencing ended with someone dying. Do "they" still fence today? If so why? What's the point?

In days of yore fencing ended with someone dying. Do "they" still fence today? If so why? What's the point?

Posted - June 5, 2021

Responses

Not in a fighting sense over an argument, feud or supposed point of "honour", no.

Fencing as a sport, yes, and the fencers wear protective clothing. I think the swords (they have proper names but I am not familiar with them) have tiny beads on the tips, too.
      June 7, 2021 4:44 PM MDT

Does it strengthen one's agility? Is it good whole body exercise? As a sport? Well I suppose it is akin to skeet shooting. Nothing/no one dies which is very good. Thank you for your reply Durdle! :)
      June 8, 2021 4:32 AM MDT

The only part of fencing I would like is the part were you get to slap someone in the face with a glove. There is a Big Bang Therory eposode were the guys take fencing lessons from Kriskey - it's a hilarious eposiod. Cheers!
      June 7, 2021 5:04 PM MDT

Sadly I never watched the show and I'm sure I missed out on a lot of stuff i would have adored. I like that slap in the face which precedes a duel. You can't not show up for it. Swashbuckler movies were a favorite. Imagine the trump and his et al DUELING anyone? OMG(osh) Nanoose how hilarious would THAT be? Doggone it now I can't get that out of my head! Thank you for your reply m'dear. Here goes a question.
      June 8, 2021 4:30 AM MDT