Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » BRILLIANT! A GLOBAL MINIMUM TAX! So companies don't work through or in other countries to AVOID PAYING CORPORATE TAXES! YA LIKE?

BRILLIANT! A GLOBAL MINIMUM TAX! So companies don't work through or in other countries to AVOID PAYING CORPORATE TAXES! YA LIKE?

A rate of 15% was floated.

So the cheapskate deadbeat greedy cheesy needy companies who  try to gyp cheat stiff their own countries will not get to do that anymore. EVERYONE WORLD WIDE PAYS THE SAME BASE BOTTOM.

YOU CAN'T RUN. YOU CAN'T HIDE.

Isn't that loverly?

Posted - June 5, 2021

Responses

Seems like a good thing to me. Bet if Trump was still  presedent he would be saying that it would be bad for America and he would oppose it at the G7 but he would really mean it would be bad for America's 1%. Cheers and happy weekend
      June 5, 2021 8:10 AM MDT

It sounds like something ALL COUNTRIES could benefit by so their citizens don't go and build corporations in other countries to avoid taxation. Simple idea but maybe complicated to execute? I sure liked it though! Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      June 5, 2021 8:22 AM MDT

It's unconscionable that mega companies like Apple, Amazon, etc. should be able to operate without paying taxes.  If you operate your business in the U.S.A., you should be required to pay taxes here, irrespective of where else your company does business. 
      June 5, 2021 11:06 AM MDT

Ya like? No, I don't like it. Globalization of any kind has always been and is now a bad and dangerous idea. A global minimum tax is only one step towards total globalization. At first glance, globalization doesn’t seem all that bad. Globalization seems to hold an answer to the world’s financial troubles, among other things.

However, careful consideration and research reveal disturbing historical precedence. The historical form of globalization is military conquest. Down through history, many governments have tried a conquest of the world (globalization).

A global minimum tax may seem to some a fairly innocuous act but it's far from it. It's just one step leading to a power grab. A one-world government with a single currency. This tax and the solution of "more government" is a bad idea. It's all about control. This is why I don't trust Janet Yellen any further than I can throw my truck. As always, just my opinion.

June 5, 2021 12:18 PM MDT