SpunkySenior
Destroyer-Marauder
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How many things human used to do have been delegated to machinery? Satellites replaced spy planes per a Mug friend. What else?

How many things human used to do have been delegated to machinery? Satellites replaced spy planes per a Mug friend. What else?

Posted - June 6

• 12610
    My profession became obsolete when hand drafting was replaced by CAD. A computer can produce a Bill of Quantities from a CAD more accurately, more quickly and a LOT more cheaply than a team of quantity surveyors. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at June 6, 2021 5:48 PM MDT
      June 6, 2021 6:02 AM MDT
    2

• 109012
    That sucks bigly! How many humans have experienced what you did? Machines doing the work of humans in effect replacing them. I've read that when that happens many other jobs open up and free those humans to do other things. Did you? I know computers can calculate infinitely faster than human brains. What else can machines do faster and better than humans? Everything? Eventually? Thank you for your reply R! :) Oh separate issue...Chris Evert did a lengthy interview of Ash Barty after she came back home. That gal is awesome GREAT. Every reply she gave to every question was STELLAR. I'm not kidding. I hope you saw it or or can see it. She does AUSTRALIA proud! :) As if you don't know that!
      June 6, 2021 6:06 AM MDT
    1

• 37046
    I was wrong.
      June 6, 2021 5:49 PM MDT
    1

• 109012
    You were? You mean we still have spy planes AND satellites doing the same thing? SIGH. Thank you for your reply E and Happy monday to thee and thine! :) Isn't that overkill?
      June 7, 2021 1:58 AM MDT
    1

• 37046
    Yes. I forgot to research it. Quite embarrassing.
      June 7, 2021 8:41 AM MDT
    1

• 109012
    No worries as far as I'm concerned E. I mean it makes a lot of sense. You got this machine up in space that never needs vacations and never argues with you but is on the job 24/7 asking nothing of you and happy to serve. What human will ever come up to that standard of "employee"? Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 8, 2021 1:28 PM MDT
    1

• 435
    Machines and robots have taken over a lot of jobs, especially for the morons who think they deserve $15.00 an hour to flip burgers and cook fries.

See the source image
    See the source image

June 8, 2021 1:54 PM MDT
    1

• 109012
    Morons? Really? And you KNOW this how? Many hugely intelligent powerful successful homo saps worked at a McDonald's at some time in their lives. You call them "morons". I would guess you believe you are not one. Correct? Figgers.
      June 9, 2021 2:40 AM MDT
    0

• 435
    Were they making $15.00 an hour to flip burgers and cook fries? No, no they weren't. Were they protesting and walking off the job wanting $15.00 an hour? No, no they weren't. Did they think they deserved $15.00 an hour? No, no they didn't. What they did know that a low wage job was just a stepping stone, a start, and by hard and good work ethics, they could eventually work at a better job and actually make $15.00, if not more an hour. Those workers were not the morons.

This post was edited by Wolfhound at June 10, 2021 2:20 AM MDT
      June 10, 2021 2:17 AM MDT
    0