Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What item have you owned in the past and you want to buy another one, but you can’t find it anywhere?

What item have you owned in the past and you want to buy another one, but you can’t find it anywhere?

~

Posted - June 20, 2021

Responses

I picked up a 'tavern puzzle' at a flea market one time and I could never find a place that sells them so I could get more variety of different kinds of them.
      June 20, 2021 9:27 AM MDT

• A DVD/VCR combo player

During my transition from VHS tape to DVD, I bought a DVD/VCR combo player around 20 years ago so that I could play both my VHS tapes and the DVD.  The combo player stopped working after 15 years of usage.  None of the retail stores stocked the combo player.  However, the few combo players available at online retailers cost an average of 300 dollars, a steep sum that I did not want to pay when standalone DVD players cost around 35 dollars.  So, I bought a standalone DVD player, and it's fortunate that the feature movies that I had on VHS tapes were mostly available on DVD.  

June 20, 2021 9:47 AM MDT

Virginity (not even on Amazon)
      June 20, 2021 11:22 AM MDT

A locking Swiss Army Knife. It had a locking mechanism unlike the newer ones. It was also black, which I had never seen before. I lost it when I took my kids sledding.
      June 20, 2021 12:43 PM MDT