Active Now

Randy D
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly the United States is a GREAT POWER. China too? RUSSIA? ENGLAND? CANADA? AUSTRALIA? WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS OF A GREAT POWER?

Allegedly the United States is a GREAT POWER. China too? RUSSIA? ENGLAND? CANADA? AUSTRALIA? WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS OF A GREAT POWER?

The ability and desire to murder millions?

Without it can there ever be a GREAT?

Posted - June 21, 2021

Responses

IMO, A "great power" has the ability to greatly influence global policies - either economically or militarily.
    Japan held great economic power in the 1970's - even though they had no military power to speak of.
    Conversely, Russia held great military power - even though they had no economic power to speak of.

June 21, 2021 12:49 PM MDT

Okay Walt. As of now today in your opinion what are the TOP FIVE that fit your description? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      June 22, 2021 5:57 AM MDT

Oh, man.
    The top 3 are easy ... in descending order: US, China, Russia.

I would place North Korea also in the top 5 (military), simply because they "hit above their class" by being so unpredictable.

I guess the last slot would be Germany, since they seem to have so much influence in the European Union.
      June 22, 2021 8:40 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply m'dear. Glad to have given you something easy peasy! :)
      June 22, 2021 1:35 PM MDT

Thanks to Trump the US may not be a super power anymore because Trump allowed the Russians to hack into US computers including the military ones. Cheers!
      June 22, 2021 9:03 AM MDT

We are on the same page with regard to this issue Nanoose. I think with Don Guantanamo everything we held dear was lost and it is still going on bigly. We will never recover from the extent of his evil and his enticed millions to follow him. I see no way out. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 22, 2021 1:37 PM MDT