Discussion » Questions » Family » Dads, have you ever demanded a paternity test? Why?

Dads, have you ever demanded a paternity test? Why?

Category: Paternity Tests.

Posted - October 28, 2016

Responses

I'm not a Dad. But my husband did request a paternity test for his oldest daughter. He didn't believe by what appeared to be the timeline for conception that he could be the father. We requested a test from the local child support office and they had a fit. (The possible father cannot do such a thing) In our state legally he can. We had to go above the heads to get the paperwork. We filled it out and brought it in. The local workers still had a fit. "How did you get these papers? Where did they come from?" I will be honest it kind of gave us some joy when we told them "From your boss, Mr. Whatever" Their whole attitude changed but you tell they were mad but had no choice. They started going on about if the results were positive he would have to pay child support and back child support. 
    Finally got results and he is the Father. He of course paid child support but thankfully didn't have to fight over back child support the Mother did not seek it. 
      October 28, 2016 6:49 AM MDT

Thanks sharing, 2cents. I guess there are a lot of stories out there, the one and the other way. Lucky endings as tragic ones. Yours is definitely of the more positive. I wish you a lovely Friday. :-) 
      October 28, 2016 6:59 AM MDT

• Yes. How did my twin girls come to be like this?

October 29, 2016 11:06 PM MDT

And? What did it show?
      October 31, 2016 4:01 AM MDT

• Two different fathers, and neither was me!
    Must get the test done on my son too. 
    To the courts, then. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 31, 2016 7:16 AM MDT
      October 31, 2016 6:32 AM MDT

Oh.
      October 31, 2016 7:17 AM MDT