Discussion » Questions » Family » Have you ever felt relieved by a positive paternity test result? Why?

Have you ever felt relieved by a positive paternity test result? Why?

Category: Paternity Tests.

Posted - October 28, 2016

Responses

Sort of. A woman I was seeing told me she had a pregnancy scare, but that she wasn't exactly sure. She said she wanted to know that I wouldn't abandon her if it turned out to be true. She assured me that I was the only man she been with for months, so there was no way it could be anyone else.
    Fine, I said. "We'll have to go to the hospital together and I'll get tested."
    "Wait a minute," she said, "I'm the one who needs to get tested, and I can do it at home."
    "Yes, you're right, but I want you to go with me so that you can be present when my results come back." I told her.
    She was confused. "What kind of test do you need?"
    I answered, "Well, it's possible for a vasectomy to reverse itself, and I got mine about five years ago and I've been shooting blanks ever since, we'll just check to be sure."
    Her jaw dropped, a look of fear clouded her face. I continued,
    "If my test for sperm in my semen comes back negative, we'll stop by a church after we leave the hospital."
    She was even more confused so I explained, "You said that for months you haven't slept with anyone else besides me, so if you are really pregnant and I'm not the sperm-donor, then it must be an immaculate conception. We have to register you for beatification; your pregnancy is a miracle!"

Epilogue: I got tested and found out I was as sterile as an unused scalpel, she was pregnant, and we broke up as soon as everything came to light. I saw her a few weeks later, she was quite visibly showing, and she was with the guy with whom I suspected she had been cheating from the beginning, one of her co-workers.
    ~
      October 28, 2016 11:49 AM MDT

Wait.  You have kids.    Spill.  You spilled THIS.  You won't mind my asking I am sure. 
      October 28, 2016 12:01 PM MDT

Er, um, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. I got the vasectomy after fathering children. Now for the part I've never revealed before: my wife and I got divorced after 6 years of marriage, we were apart for 7 years and then we remarried each other. She is the only woman to whom I have ever been married, I am the only man to who she has ever been married, we have both been married twice and divorced once.

The episode above took place in that interim.
    ~
      October 28, 2016 1:40 PM MDT

That is what I noticed.  The interim.  This happened to my mom and dad in their lives.  They married and divorced.    Then they remarried and stayed married.   

Thanks for sharing, Randy.  I only wanted to know because it was a part of your history I did not know.  

I will open my book for you anytime as well. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 28, 2016 2:17 PM MDT
      October 28, 2016 1:57 PM MDT

• I thought only Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton did such things.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 30, 2016 12:35 AM MDT
      October 30, 2016 12:33 AM MDT

I was, like Sharonna puzzled for a moment but then you explained it. It's beautiful you found back together. Thanks sharing, once more. :-)
      October 28, 2016 1:59 PM MDT

• I thought only Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton did such things. Did you give her a huge diamond ring as well, the second time around?
      October 30, 2016 12:34 AM MDT

Dude, I can't even afford ring-around-the-collar. No diamonds here, Pal. 

~
      October 30, 2016 6:10 AM MDT

Woah. This could have been posted inside another of my questions here, but anyway... thank you for sharing. I have to say you kept your cool all the way. :-)
      October 28, 2016 1:48 PM MDT

• As sterile as an unused scalpel. I must remember that. :-)
      October 30, 2016 12:31 AM MDT

:)
      October 30, 2016 6:06 AM MDT

• Good. I'm glad that the adultery charge against you will now be dropped. But there are still two other charges pending, Sapph. All's not over yet. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 29, 2016 11:05 PM MDT
      October 29, 2016 10:54 PM MDT

Hrmph.
      October 29, 2016 11:05 PM MDT

• And you claim to be a good girl. Whew!!!
      October 30, 2016 12:36 AM MDT

I'm a good girl, even when bad. Mmhmm.
      October 30, 2016 1:49 AM MDT