Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever begin a journey without a specific destination? Where did you end up?

Ever begin a journey without a specific destination? Where did you end up?

Posted - July 5, 2021

Responses

When I bought my first vehicle, a 1951 Mercury pick-up myself and a friend went driving around southern Manitoba just following the roads. Then out of the blue in front of us there was the American customs office leading to Walhalla North Dakota so we crossed, explored the town a bit, watched a movie, bought some American cigarettes then headed back. 
    Out first time venture into the USA.
      July 5, 2021 9:10 AM MDT

That sounds like so much fun m'dear! A nifty memory you can recall whenever nostaligia hits. My friend OLD SCHOOL (he used to be here but he is BANNED) years ago after a divorce bought a used smalllish RV and took a year to tour the country including parts of Canada. He had briends everywhere and he saw them. In the south, on the east coast, up north. I don't think at the time he knew anyone in Canada but back then there was no worries about border crossings. He really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing that memory with us. Whom would you be without your memories Kg? Isn't that a big part of who we are? :)
      July 7, 2021 8:55 AM MDT