Active Now

Zack
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A STATE OF EMERGENCY has been declared in Florida due to the weather. Not the first time weather has threatened the state. Your state too?

A STATE OF EMERGENCY has been declared in Florida due to the weather. Not the first time weather has threatened the state. Your state too?

In my state of California STATE OF EMERGENCY is not a stranger. Usually it's due to fires. Is your state "state-of-emergency" safe? Nothing ever threatens it?

Posted - July 7, 2021

Responses

Right now, we have a heat advisory and an air quality advisory.  The forecast is for NY to get the remnants of Hurricane Elsa on Friday.  Last night, the thunder sounded like cannon booms and then the sky opened up for about 15 minutes with torrential rain and then eased off.  This morning the sun was out.  
      July 7, 2021 9:16 AM MDT

Geez. Glad you're doing okay. I was SUSPENDED for 48 hours. Didja miss me? Thank you for your reply L! :) ((hugs))
      July 7, 2021 9:46 AM MDT

Really?  I can't imagine why.  I thought maybe it had something to do with an electricity blackout or having to go food shopping.  Glad you're back.
      July 7, 2021 10:12 AM MDT

Nope. I thought my system was failing. I worried and kvetched about it. Then i get an email from JA informing me that I was a very bad girl and so she will suspend me as punishment for 48 hours! In a way what the he**? Why not? For 83 years I have "gotten away with" being honest and truthful and succeeded either in spite of it or because of it. I sure as he** ain't gonna change due to some rules/regs made up by a homo sap. I go with the flow. I am STOIC about it. I think it's funny as he** that an 83 year old woman is a scourge to be recknoned with and restricted. Don't you? Dumb is everywhere. Illogical reigns supreme. And still I rise! I think Maya Angelous created a poem about thatt. No matter what "they" do to put you down you rise. I know I'm treacherous close to walking the edge. I don't care. What do I have to lose? Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 7, 2021 5:45 PM MDT
      July 7, 2021 10:30 AM MDT

Well, I'm glad it wasn't because of some catastrophe and that you're back. :)
      July 7, 2021 11:00 AM MDT

Me too. Thanks L! :)
      July 7, 2021 11:26 AM MDT

There are several people here in AM that are honest and truthful. And they get along just fine. This tells me that your punishment wasn't just about you being honest and truthful. It had to have gone much deeper than that. I know this from experience. I can remember a time, quite a while ago, when I told you just what I thought of you and your attitude towards anyone that disagreed with you. My tirade went against the AM terms of service and I was justly punished for it. I learned my lesson. Hopefully, you will too. :)
      July 7, 2021 11:23 AM MDT

Oh, and by the way, I don't think I ever apologized to you for saying what I said to you. I apologize for what I said.
      July 7, 2021 11:26 AM MDT

We only and rarely have local and regional states of emergencies, usually for tornadic episodes.
      July 7, 2021 5:47 PM MDT