Active Now

Zack
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think everyone everywhere needs someone or somethng to take care of don't you?

I think everyone everywhere needs someone or somethng to take care of don't you?

Whether it's a mate or a child or a friend or a parent or a pet or a garden or a houseplant.

Something whose care and existence depends on YOU. To feel that you matter. That you are necessary. That your being has meaning.

What do yo think?

Posted - July 7, 2021

Responses

That's why I have a wife. I have, most of my adult life, felt the need to provide and protect.
      July 7, 2021 5:34 PM MDT

From the dearth of replies we may be the only two in the world who believes that. Go figger! Thank you for your reply. Who takes care of you? :)
      July 8, 2021 2:36 AM MDT

My wife takes care of me. Someone has to. I misagree with your first statement.
      July 8, 2021 2:19 PM MDT

"may be". Not is are am.
      July 9, 2021 2:46 AM MDT

OK.
      July 9, 2021 8:15 AM MDT

Choosing not to reply does not signify disagreement. My wife and I take good care of each other.
      July 8, 2021 10:22 PM MDT

YEs.  People who don't feel necessary or needed can develop psychological issues, and they usually die early.  
      July 8, 2021 1:54 PM MDT

I can see that being true, yes.

You don't have to cite research studies or anything, but it seemed like it may have been based on research -- your comment about people dying early. Interesting!
      July 8, 2021 9:31 PM MDT

I have no scientific PROOF I can state that says so Shuhak but I think that is very true. Oh. Different subject. FOOD. I bought two ORGANIC turnips at Sprouts yesterday. Came home and when I fixed our meal I washed, peeled and sliced one to try out. IT IS DELICIOUS! Jim liked it very much too. I got the smallish ones. Well medium size I guess. Thank you for the info. It just never occurred to me to try it raw. So now I don't miss sunchokes. I haven't bought jicama in years. They can grow very big and are somewhat difficult to peel but the turnip? :):):):):) Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      July 9, 2021 2:51 AM MDT

There are lot's of veggies that I prefer raw.
      July 9, 2021 8:17 AM MDT

Wanna share which they are or is it a secret?
      July 9, 2021 11:11 AM MDT

Green beans, asparagus, sweet peas, turnip, rutabaga, onion, carrots. I would eat sweet corn uncooked, but then I couldn't put butter on it.
      July 9, 2021 11:25 AM MDT

I never tasted rutabaga. I only ever had turnips cooked and I was not impressed. Then I learned from Shuhak that eating them raw is the way to go so I bought a couple at the store we frequent and you know what? IT IS DELICISIOUS! I Like green beans/asparagus cooked barely so they still retain a lot of CRUNCH. I love raw onions in salad. I'm not a huge fan of peas but Jim likes them bigly. Thank you for your reply E. Does Pat agree with thee?
      July 9, 2021 11:37 AM MDT

I saw your question earlier and it intrigued me.

Yes, I agree that we as people do well when we feel necessary and needed (like Shuhak mentions specifically) and how Element 99 mentions wanting to provide and protect. 

Yet, I also believe that I am very valid and worthwhile just being solely me. No one's existence depends exclusively on me but I am still very much a worthwhile person and I feel that I matter.

And, I, as a single individual, also choose, in my life  to be very caring to other people with whom I come in contact throughout my life.

:)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 9, 2021 8:17 AM MDT
      July 8, 2021 9:28 PM MDT

Thank you for your nifty reply m'dear. I can ALWAYS count on you to be thoughtful and responsive to the questions I ask. I was just thinking about how I LOVE to take care of people or things and what would I, whom would I be if I didn't have that in my life? I can't imagine living like that. Happy Friday to thee and thine WQ! :)
      July 9, 2021 2:55 AM MDT

You're welcome. And thank you, too. And Happy Day to you.  :)

I later realized that I live with a cat -- as things are now, her existence is dependent on me. 
    Although, she is a rescued cat and she lived independently "out there" on her own before we got together.  :)
      July 9, 2021 7:12 PM MDT

Having lived independently "out there" I am positive she prefers being with you. Rescue cats and rescue dogs are especially appreciative of finding a forever home I'm sure. So bless you for saving a life WQ. There is a TV show we see called LUCKY DOG. It's about a couple who have devoted their lives to placing rescue dogs in forever homes. The wife is a former social worker and she is the one who finds a good fit. The husband does the training. He gets calls from shelters when a dog's days "are numbered" if you get my drift. Every dog he rescues is alive because of him and his wife. It is our very favorite show. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine m'dear! :)
      July 10, 2021 2:23 AM MDT

You're welcome.
    Thanks.   :)
      July 10, 2021 7:20 PM MDT

You're welcome. Happy Sunday WQ! :)
      July 11, 2021 2:30 AM MDT